- 1 What is the best month to visit Phuket?
- 2 What is the rainy season in Phuket?
- 3 What is the best month to go to Thailand?
- 4 What month should you avoid Thailand?
- 5 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 6 Is James Bond Island worth seeing?
- 7 Why is Phuket so popular?
- 8 Is it a good time to go to Phuket in July?
- 9 Is June a good time to visit Phuket?
- 10 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 11 Is July a good month to visit Thailand?
- 12 Has Phuket recovered from tsunami?
- 13 Is it worth going to Thailand in May?
- 14 What is the rainy season in Thailand?
What is the best month to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
What is the rainy season in Phuket?
Mid-May to October: Monsoon season in Phuket lasts from May to October. Average temperature during monsoons is 28 °C-29 °C. While the weather is at its humid best, the prices are at an all-time low, making this one of the cheapest seasons to plan a trip.
What is the best month to go to Thailand?
The best to visit Thailand is during the cool and dry season between November and early April, when temperatures range from 84°F to 97°F. However, the climate varies throughout the country, so you can visit all year round.
What month should you avoid Thailand?
When to avoid traveling in Thailand Chiang Mai: If possible, avoid visiting from mid-February through early April. This is “burning season” and air quality can be quite bad. Similan Islands: The National Marine Park is closed between the months of November through March.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is James Bond Island worth seeing?
For an interesting photo opportunity of a famous movie scene and for the beautiful scenery alone, the James Bond Island Tour is well worth the money. Add onto it the Monkey Caves and the Sea Gypsy Village and it really is astounding value for a first-timer.
Why is Phuket so popular?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
Is it a good time to go to Phuket in July?
Locals enjoy visiting in June, July and August. The weather in Phuket is generally fine and the island’s favorite attractions remain uncrowded. The usual pattern is for brief but heavy showers, with plenty of sunshine between downpours. Temperatures over this period range between 20°C to 33°C (70°F and 90°F).
Is June a good time to visit Phuket?
Phuket in June June gets regular periods of rain but usually a lot less than the wettest months of the low season. A good chance of some dry fine periods together with the low season prices make this one of the best low season months to consider visiting Phuket.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Is July a good month to visit Thailand?
July can be a good time to visit Thailand, but you’ll need to be prepared for rain. It’s the middle of the wet season and most of the country experiences significant showers and thunderstorms from the southwest monsoons. The plus side is that the crowds are negligible and the prices are reduced.
Has Phuket recovered from tsunami?
Neighboring Phuket in Thailand was also affected by the 2004 disaster. Thailand’s popular tourism area was devastated by the tsunami. Phuket has since fully recovered and is still a popular destination for foreign tourists.
Is it worth going to Thailand in May?
May is the beginning of the rainy season in Thailand and, in most parts of the country, it rains at least half the month. What’s more, the hotels are extremely cheap this time of year so if you don’t mind a little rain, it can actually be a good month to visit.
What is the rainy season in Thailand?
There are broadly three seasons in most of Thailand: hot, cool and rainy. The hot season in central Thailand and northeast Thailand runs from February to June. The rainy season in the north is between June and October, with the cool season making up the remaining months from October to February.