- 1 What ocean is in Phuket Thailand?
- 2 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Phuket?
- 3 What is the main beach in Phuket?
- 4 What ocean is in Thailand?
- 5 Why is Phuket famous?
- 6 What is a person from Phuket called?
- 7 Is there sharks in Phuket?
- 8 Are there crocodiles in Phuket?
- 9 Are there snakes in Phuket?
- 10 How far is Phuket from the beach?
- 11 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 12 Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 13 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 14 Where is the clearest water in Thailand?
- 15 Are there sharks in Thailand?
What ocean is in Phuket Thailand?
Phuket, city and island, southern Thailand. The island lies in the Andaman Sea, off the west coast of peninsular Thailand. Phuket city, located in the southeastern portion of the island, is a major port and commercial centre. 5
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Phuket?
The clear warm waters are enticing, and are pretty safe for most of the year. The sea does contain dangerous creatures, such as sea snakes, lionfish, stonefish and jellyfish. You should exercise a lot of caution while swimming off the west coast of Phuket during the rainy season (May – October) due to rough seas.
What is the main beach in Phuket?
Patong Beach The most famous beach in Phuket, whilst it’s not the most scenic by Phuket’s high standards — and certainly not the quietest — it offers more activities than any other beach and has an unrivalled nightlife scene, so no list is complete without it.
What ocean is in Thailand?
Thailand, country located in the centre of mainland Southeast Asia. Located wholly within the tropics,… South China Sea, arm of the western Pacific Ocean that borders the Southeast Asian mainland.
Why is Phuket famous?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
What is a person from Phuket called?
ANSWER. Person from Phuket. THAI. People from Bangkok or Phuket. THAIS.
Is there sharks in Phuket?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks.
Are there crocodiles in Phuket?
An elusive crocodile has made several appearances along a beach in Phuket, prompting a ban on swimmers until he is caught. Swimmers have been banned from all beaches in Phuket until authorities catch a crocodile that has been making appearances along the coast.
Are there snakes in Phuket?
Cobras are found all around Thailand, especially in Phuket. This venomous snake can climb and swim but mainly dwells on flat land in a variety of places, which include rice fields, rubber plantations, villages, and even cities. They are more active at night but can prey during the day also.
How far is Phuket from the beach?
Yes, the driving distance between Phuket to Patong Beach is 16 km. It takes approximately 15 min to drive from Phuket to Patong Beach. Where can I stay near Patong Beach? There are 2481+ hotels available in Patong Beach.
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Where is the clearest water in Thailand?
Kantiang Bay, Ko Lanta It’s found just before you enter the sparsely populated deep south of the island, which means the beach is surrounded by deep green jungle and national park land. The beach features white sand and crystal clear waters speckled with a handful of resorts.
Are there sharks in Thailand?
In Thailand, the three most-commonly seen species are the Whitetip Reef Shark (Triaenodon obesus), the Blacktip Reef Shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus) and the Zebra Shark (Stegostoma fasciatum). Whitetip Reef Sharks & Zebra Sharks are both nocturnal hunters, so they tend to sleep during the day.