- 1 Which is the best area in Phuket?
- 2 Where should I live in Phuket?
- 3 What is the main area of Phuket?
- 4 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 5 What is Phuket most known for?
- 6 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 7 How much money do you need to retire in Phuket?
- 8 How much do you need to live comfortably in Phuket?
- 9 Where do most expats live in Phuket?
- 10 What is a person from Phuket called?
- 11 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 12 How safe is Phuket?
- 13 How many days should you stay in Phuket?
- 14 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 15 What is the nicest beach in Thailand?
Which is the best area in Phuket?
The 6 Best Towns and Villages to Visit in Phuket
- Patong. Located on the western coast of the island is the bustling town of Patong.
- Phuket Town. The capital of the province of Phuket, what Phuket Town lacks in beaches it more than makes up for in architectural beauty.
- Surin Beach.
Where should I live in Phuket?
Phuket Town, on the east side of the island, is Phuket’s main population center. It’s one of the least touristy areas of Phuket, and makes a good place to stay if you want a more authentic Thai city experience. Like many Thai cities, Phuket Town has a prominent Chinatown making up the traditional economic center.
What is the main area of Phuket?
Located along the glistening west coast, Patong is the most popular, crowded, and (in)famous region in Phuket. The broad and sheltered 2-mile-long stretch of sandy beach is ideal for swimming and water sports, but undertows can be strong, so always swim between the flags.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
What is Phuket most known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
How much money do you need to retire in Phuket?
Retirement Visa Requirements The requirement for a retirement visa is 65,000 baht per month (about USD 2,000) or savings of 800,000 baht (USD 25,000) in a Thai bank account. Steven LePoidevin, InternationalLiving.com Thailand Correspondent, says this is a good starting point for a retired couple.
How much do you need to live comfortably in Phuket?
To live in Phuket, you should prepare to spend at least 40,000 baht per month. You can still get by on 30,000 baht a month if you cook your own food and don’t drink often. If you want to live a somewhat comfortable life there, your average cost of living in Phuket should be around 65,000 baht a month.
Where do most expats live in Phuket?
Kathu is the main neighborhood where expatriates who have a professional activity in Phuket live since they work for many, on Patong or nearby. It is a place where many western jobs are concentrated, and where rents are cheaper.
What is a person from Phuket called?
ANSWER. Person from Phuket. THAI. People from Bangkok or Phuket. THAIS.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
How many days should you stay in Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
What is the nicest beach in Thailand?
12 Top-Rated Beaches in Thailand
- Railay Beach. Railay Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach, Phuket. Nai Harn Beach, Phuket.
- Haad Rin, Koh Phangan. Haad Rin, Koh Phangan.
- Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi Province. Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi Province.
- Maya Bay, Koh Phi Phi.
- Pattaya Beach.
- Chaweng Noi Beach, Koh Samui.
- Freedom Beach, Phuket.