- 1 What is the best month to visit Phuket?
- 2 What is the coldest month in Phuket?
- 3 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 4 What month is the hottest in Phuket?
- 5 Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
- 6 Is James Bond Island worth seeing?
- 7 Does it rain a lot in Phuket?
- 8 Is Phuket cooler than Bangkok?
- 9 What time of year is best to go to Thailand?
- 10 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 11 Why is Phuket famous?
- 12 Do people in Phuket speak English?
- 13 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 14 How much money do I need per day in Phuket?
- 15 Are there sharks in Phuket?
What is the best month to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
What is the coldest month in Phuket?
The coldest month is September with an average maximum temperature of 31°C (88°F). September is the most wet month. This month should be avoided if you are not a big fan of rain. February is the driest month.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
What month is the hottest in Phuket?
March to mid-May: These are considered as the hottest months in Phuket just before monsoon hits the island.
Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
Majority of the time, Phuket is a pretty safe place to visit but most of the really harmful situations arise out of the heavy-handed nature of some of the scams and ripped off tourists all ignited under the duress of Thailand heat, a few drinks and a deal gone bad.
Is James Bond Island worth seeing?
For an interesting photo opportunity of a famous movie scene and for the beautiful scenery alone, the James Bond Island Tour is well worth the money. Add onto it the Monkey Caves and the Sea Gypsy Village and it really is astounding value for a first-timer.
Does it rain a lot in Phuket?
Rainy Season This is Phuket’s low season. The average rainfall in Phuket is about 2500mm or about 100 inches, with the vast majority of it falling within this period. Its hot, humid and wet! There can be periods of several days that are dry, and when it does rain it is very unusual for it to rain all day.
Is Phuket cooler than Bangkok?
With a tropical climate, choosing between Bangkok vs Phuket is not easy as they both have a warm and humid climate throughout the year. However, some months tend to be cooler than others. The months of November to February enjoy much cooler weather, with lower temperatures and less humidity in both Bangkok and Phuket.
What time of year is best to go to Thailand?
When’s the best time to visit Thailand? The best time to visit Thailand is between November and early April. Not only is it the driest part of the year in the Land of Smiles, but it’s also the warmest – temperatures hover between 32 and 36 degrees, with up to nine hours of sunshine a day.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Why is Phuket famous?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
Do people in Phuket speak English?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
How much money do I need per day in Phuket?
You should plan to spend around ฿3,012 ($91) per day on your vacation in Phuket, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ฿596 ($18) on meals for one day and ฿294 ($8.89) on local transportation.
Are there sharks in Phuket?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks.