- 1 What month should you avoid Thailand?
- 2 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 3 Is June a good time to visit Phuket?
- 4 Which month is the coldest month in Phuket?
- 5 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 6 Is Phuket safe at night?
- 7 Why is Phuket famous?
- 8 Do people speak English in Phuket?
- 9 Can we visit Phuket in June?
- 10 Does it rain a lot in Phuket?
- 11 How warm is the water in Phuket?
- 12 Is July a good time to visit Phuket?
- 13 Where can I sleep in Phuket?
- 14 What is Phuket like in June?
What month should you avoid Thailand?
When to avoid traveling in Thailand Chiang Mai: If possible, avoid visiting from mid-February through early April. This is “burning season” and air quality can be quite bad. Similan Islands: The National Marine Park is closed between the months of November through March.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is June a good time to visit Phuket?
Phuket in June June gets regular periods of rain but usually a lot less than the wettest months of the low season. A good chance of some dry fine periods together with the low season prices make this one of the best low season months to consider visiting Phuket.
Which month is the coldest month in Phuket?
The temperature varies around 23°C and 30°C. While December is the coolest month in Phuket, February is the driest.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Is Phuket safe at night?
Whilst it is pretty safe there are still some safety tips you should be following when you’re in Phuket by yourself. Watch your drink when you’re on a night out. Drink spiking, unfortunately, does happen in Phuket – like most places in the world – so it’s important to not let your drink out of your sight.
Why is Phuket famous?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
Do people speak English in Phuket?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.
Can we visit Phuket in June?
In June, the Phuket weather is coming to the monsoon season with more frequent short showers and strong winds. If you are planning to visit Phuket in June, do not forget to check out this guide. Generally, Phuket is warm all year round. From April to May and September to October, the average temperature is high.
Does it rain a lot in Phuket?
Rainy Season This is Phuket’s low season. The average rainfall in Phuket is about 2500mm or about 100 inches, with the vast majority of it falling within this period. Its hot, humid and wet! There can be periods of several days that are dry, and when it does rain it is very unusual for it to rain all day.
How warm is the water in Phuket?
Today’s Kata Beach sea temperature is 86 °F.
Is July a good time to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
Where can I sleep in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What is Phuket like in June?
June is in the monsoon season in Phuket but many people come here for the night life and the festivals that occur all year round. Rainfall is increasing though in June the rain comes in stronger and shorter showers with much of the day being sunny. Average rainfall is 240mm that will fall over 16 to 18 days.