- 1 Is there any surf in Phuket?
- 2 Where is the best surf in Phuket?
- 3 Where is the best place to surf in Thailand?
- 4 Does Thailand have good surf?
- 5 When can you surf in Phuket?
- 6 Can you surf at Patong Beach?
- 7 Can you surf in Thailand in December?
- 8 Where is the best place to surf in the world?
- 9 Is there surf in Koh Samui?
- 10 Can you surf in Huahin?
- 11 Can you surf in Pattaya?
- 12 Where can I learn to surf in Thailand?
Is there any surf in Phuket?
You can surf in Phuket! While this beautiful holiday island has not traditionally been considered a surf destination, for years expats and dedicated locals have been surfing around Phuket’s west coast. The west coast of Phuket is dotted with surf breaks. The whole west coast of Phuket is exposed to any westerly swells.
Where is the best surf in Phuket?
Here are the best surfing spots in Phuket, from south to north:
- Nai Harn Beach. Nai Harn attracts small groups of mostly local surfers, with decent waves ranging from a half-metre to 3-metre swells at each end of the beach.
- Kata Beach.
- Kata Noi Beach.
- Kalim Beach.
- Kamala Beach.
- Surin Beach.
- Bangtao Beach.
- Nai Yang Beach.
Where is the best place to surf in Thailand?
Surfing In Thailand – An Upcoming Surfing Paradise
- Kata Beach. Source. Kata Beach is the most famous Surfing beach among all of Phuket’s Beaches.
- Bang Tao Beach. Source.
- Surin Beach. Source.
- Koh Lanta (Klong Dao) Source.
- Pansea Beach. Source.
- Kalim Beach. Source.
- Nai Harn Beach. Source.
- Kamala Beach. Source.
Does Thailand have good surf?
First of all, Thailand is not considered a world class surf destination. It may sit at the top of bucket lists for world travelers, but it’s not exactly Nicaragua, where offshore winds blow almost year round. Your best chance will be the west-facing beaches of Thailand’s largest island, Phuket.
When can you surf in Phuket?
Surfing season around Phuket runs during the low tourist season from April until October with the best months being September and October. Sometimes, you can find surf competitions on some Phuket beaches from June until September.
Can you surf at Patong Beach?
Located just north of Patong Beach, the central part of the beach is where to head to with a properly waxed surfboard. Here, surfers can ride the swell on a 100-metre-long spot, with waves reaching up to 3 metres.
Can you surf in Thailand in December?
Surfing in Koh Samui When the surf is no longer working in Phuket, Koh Samui is usually your best bet – it gets surfable waves between October and December. You should take note that, being located in the Gulf of Thailand, it gets no groundswell whatsoever and solely relies on the wind to create surfing conditions.
Where is the best place to surf in the world?
World’s Best Surf Destinations
- Playa Grande, Costa Rica. The beach town of Playa Grande is known as one of Costa Rica’s best surfing spots.
- Bundoran, Ireland.
- Jeffreys Bay, South Africa.
- Huntington Beach, CA.
- Bondi Beach, Sydney.
- San Clemente, CA.
- Taghazout, Morocco.
- Teahupo’o, Tahiti.
Is there surf in Koh Samui?
From October through to December, there’s no doubt Samui has got surf. The Koh Samui surfing scene is alive with dedicated local surfers and tourists, all out there to grab the most fun out of 3-4 foot beach breaks. Chaweng beach is definitely the most popular surfing beach in Koh Samui.
Can you surf in Huahin?
Surfing in Hua Hin If you’re wondering where to surf in Thailand during the winter months when most of the Andaman spots turn off, Hua Hin is a good place to start looking.
Can you surf in Pattaya?
Surfing in Pattaya Also, like Phuket, Pattaya is famous for its predisposition to surfing. Here is 20 surf schools, and in every sporting goods store you can buy a board. From November to May, Pattaya welcomes everyone, teaching them water art.
Where can I learn to surf in Thailand?
Patong and Kata Noi beaches are considered best spots for beginners. Kamala, Surin, Kata, Nai Harn and Bang Tao are long enough to comprise parts with different types of waves thus surfers of all levels can find a spot for themselves.