- 1 Is 3 days enough in Phuket?
- 2 How long should you spend in Phuket?
- 3 What is there to do in Phi Phi island for 3 days?
- 4 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 5 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 6 Should I stay Phuket or Phi Phi?
- 7 Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
- 8 How much is a bottle of beer in Phuket?
- 9 How do I plan a trip to Phuket?
- 10 Is Phi Phi island expensive?
- 11 How much does it cost to go to Phi Phi Island?
- 12 Was Phi Phi island hit by the tsunami?
- 13 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 14 Is Phuket safe at night?
- 15 Do Thai people speak English well?
Is 3 days enough in Phuket?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island and a favourite among travellers heading to South-East Asia. So, whether you’re going with friends, family or that special someone, Phuket will cater to your every need. We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer.
How long should you spend in Phuket?
If you want to try it just for the sake of it, then max 2 days should be sufficient. 7 days in Phuket will not get you bored. To minimise the risk of getting bored you could stay at 2 separate locations. Could spend 3 days in a quieter area like Kata/Surin/Karon and 4 days at Patong.
What is there to do in Phi Phi island for 3 days?
Itinerary – 3 days and 2 nights Enjoy complimentary coffee, tea and snacks on the two-hour voyage. Arrive at Phi Phi Ley Island for Sightseeing around Maya Bay, Loh Samah Bay, Pileh Bay, and Viking Cave. Swim, Snorkel and relax in the crystal-clear water with colorful tropical fish at Coral Bay (Ao Tonsai).
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Brilliant Beaches Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
Should I stay Phuket or Phi Phi?
Generally, Phi Phi is the place to be for more isolation and quieter vibes, while Phuket is the undeniable party scene of the two. Phuket is home to larger resorts and more amenities, while Phi Phi is great for those looking to disconnect and unwind from the rest of the world.
Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
While meal prices in Phuket can vary, the average cost of food in Phuket is ฿596 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Phuket should cost around ฿239 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
How much is a bottle of beer in Phuket?
Local beers are available at about 40 baht per can, and major brands such as Heineken at about 50 baht. In bars and restaurants, you can usually expect to pay 80 to 100 baht for local and 100 to 140 baht for foreign beers. In some high-end venues (restaurants or nightclubs), one beer can be charged up to 280 baht.
How do I plan a trip to Phuket?
Here is a suggested plan for your Phuket trip, giving a good mix of leisure and sightseeing:
- Day 1: Phuket City Tour and Phuket Fantasea Show.
- Day 2: Phi Phi island tour.
- Day 3: Trip to James Bond Island.
- Day 4: Day free for shopping/relaxing, pub crawl in the evening.
- Day 5: Departure.
Is Phi Phi island expensive?
Koh Phi Phi is one of the most expensive islands in Thailand, especially for budget accommodation. Even a bed in an 18-bed dorm room can cost you upwards of 1000 baht per night ($33).
How much does it cost to go to Phi Phi Island?
You should plan to spend around ฿2,102 ($64) per day on your vacation in Koh Phi Phi, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ฿333 ($10) on meals for one day and ฿202 ($6.11) on local transportation.
Was Phi Phi island hit by the tsunami?
On 26 December 2004, much of the inhabited part of Phi Phi Don was devastated by the Indian Ocean tsunami. Shortly after 10:00 on 26 December, the water from both bays receded. When the tsunami hit, at 10:37, it did so from both bays, and met in the middle of the isthmus.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Is Phuket safe at night?
Whilst it is pretty safe there are still some safety tips you should be following when you’re in Phuket by yourself. Watch your drink when you’re on a night out. Drink spiking, unfortunately, does happen in Phuket – like most places in the world – so it’s important to not let your drink out of your sight.
Do Thai people speak English well?
The official stats put the English speaking percentage of the Thai population at around 27% or just over a quarter. Expats who actually live there put this figure a little lower in their own personal experience – the figure of around 10-15% of the population comes out quite often – see here for example.