- 1 What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
- 2 What is the main beach in Phuket?
- 3 Which is the best area in Phuket?
- 4 Is Patong or Kata Beach better?
- 5 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 6 Which Phuket beach was hit by tsunami?
- 7 Which is the most famous and most happening beach in Phuket?
- 8 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 9 How far is Phuket from the beach?
- 10 What is Phuket most known for?
- 11 How safe is Phuket?
- 12 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 13 Which is better Kata or Karon Beach?
- 14 Where is the best place to stay in Thailand?
- 15 Does Phuket have beaches?
What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
What is the main beach in Phuket?
Patong Beach The most famous beach in Phuket, whilst it’s not the most scenic by Phuket’s high standards — and certainly not the quietest — it offers more activities than any other beach and has an unrivalled nightlife scene, so no list is complete without it.
Which is the best area in Phuket?
The 6 Best Towns and Villages to Visit in Phuket
- Patong. Located on the western coast of the island is the bustling town of Patong.
- Phuket Town. The capital of the province of Phuket, what Phuket Town lacks in beaches it more than makes up for in architectural beauty.
- Surin Beach.
Is Patong or Kata Beach better?
Patong is somewhat bigger, busier and noisier. Kata offers a beautiful bay but this can collect rubbish. For all of its good points, it’s very important to beware of the strong rip tides in Karon, especially during the green season (May to October).
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Which Phuket beach was hit by tsunami?
The popular tourist resort of Phuket was badly hit. Some 250 people were reported dead, including tourists. The tsunami struck the west coast of Phuket island, flooding and causing damage to almost all the major beaches such as Patong, Karon, Kamala, and Kata beach.
Which is the most famous and most happening beach in Phuket?
With its beautiful stretch of sand, Bangtao is always associated with the resort complex known as ‘Laguna Phuket’. In recent year Bangtao has become one of the most lively and trendy beach destinations in Phuket, with many beach clubs and a vast beach dining choice.
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
How far is Phuket from the beach?
Yes, the driving distance between Phuket to Patong Beach is 16 km. It takes approximately 15 min to drive from Phuket to Patong Beach. Where can I stay near Patong Beach? There are 2481+ hotels available in Patong Beach.
What is Phuket most known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
Which is better Kata or Karon Beach?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Where is the best place to stay in Thailand?
Quick Answers: Where is the Best Place to Stay in Thailand?
- Chiang Mai – Overall Best Place to Stay in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai – Best Place to Stay in Thailand For Families.
- Koh Lanta – Where to Stay in Thailand for Couples.
- Pai – Coolest Place to Stay in Thailand.
- Bangkok – Where to Stay in Thailand on a Budget.
Does Phuket have beaches?
Phuket is known for its outstanding beaches, probably more than anything else. With over 30 of them around the island, there’s a wide variety of atmospheres, scenery, facilities and even textures of sand available.