- 1 How long is the ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
- 2 How many days do you need in Koh Lanta?
- 3 Is Koh Lanta open to tourists?
- 4 Is Koh Lanta expensive?
- 5 How much is ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
- 6 Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
- 7 Did the tsunami hit Koh Lanta?
- 8 What is Koh Lanta known for?
- 9 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 10 What is the best area to stay in Koh Lanta?
- 11 Is it Koh Lanta or Ko Lanta?
- 12 How do you get to Koh Lanta?
- 13 Is Koh Lanta a party island?
- 14 How much is the ferry from Krabi to Koh Lanta?
- 15 How long is the ferry from Koh Lanta to Krabi?
How long is the ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
Travel by ferry/speedboat from Phuket to Koh Lanta takes about 1.5-2.5 hours.
How many days do you need in Koh Lanta?
If you’re looking for peace, relaxation, and laid-back beach life, Koh Lanta is the right place for you too, and you can spend 10 or so days kicking back with a good book at the pool or one of the many beautiful beaches.
Is Koh Lanta open to tourists?
Koh Lanta Is Still Open In August 2021 Despite the lack of business, there are still some Koh Lanta hotels and restaurants that remain open. Here is a rundown of useful information if you’re able to visit.
Is Koh Lanta expensive?
You should plan to spend around ฿1,394 ($45) per day on your vacation in Koh Lanta, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ฿316 ($10) on meals for one day and ฿166 ($5.31) on local transportation.
How much is ferry from Phuket to Koh Lanta?
The quickest way to get from Phuket to Koh Lanta is to ferry which costs ฿950 – ฿1800 and takes 1h 30m.
Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
Which is better Phuket or Krabi? If you are looking for a well-developed place with all the facilities then Phuket is the place to be. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the bucolic nature and laze around in the natural setting then Krabi is the best choice.
Did the tsunami hit Koh Lanta?
The tsunami of 2004 hit Thailand very hard in certain areas and Koh Lanta was affected but not Nearly as devastating as other coastal regions. Koh Lanta was a very lucky Island, the shape of the island, the direction of the water and also the contour of the sea all helped it survive the brunt.
What is Koh Lanta known for?
Ko Lanta (เกาะลันตา) is an island off the Andaman Coast of Southern Thailand. Like many other destinations in Krabi Province, it is known for its diving and long white beaches.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
What is the best area to stay in Koh Lanta?
Klong Dao, Long Beach and Klong Khong Klong Dao beach and Long Beach are the two most popular beaches on Ko Lanta and both have a big selection of places to eat and stay, while Klong Khong is more low key. Klong Khong has some beautiful villas to rent just a few hundred metres walk to the beach.
Is it Koh Lanta or Ko Lanta?
As Koh Lanta lies just south of the Andaman coast’s prime attractions, namely Krabi, Koh Phi Phi, and Phuket, it has maintained its laid-back atmosphere, even as Koh Lanta has slowly developed to include some of Thailand’s finest Beach resorts.
How do you get to Koh Lanta?
How to get to Koh Lanta
- Ferry – Ferries run daily from Krabi pier to Koh Lanta during Lanta’s high season (around November to April).
- Minivan – Your alternative to taking the ferry is to take a minivan.
- Scooter/bike – By far the most convenient way to get around Koh Lanta is to rent a scooter/bike.
Is Koh Lanta a party island?
Koh Lanta’s party atmosphere is more a mix of ages, with better music, and not quite as hectic as the notorious ‘party islands’. The best places to have a drink and a dance in Koh Lanta include the chill Tuesday beach party at Pangea Beach Bar, Freedom Bar, and the Day-Glo friendly half-moon parties at Mushroom Bar.
How much is the ferry from Krabi to Koh Lanta?
Ferry tickets from Krabi to Koh Lanta cost about $16-49/pp. The last option is to travel by private taxi or car from Krabi town to Koh Lanta. Travel time by taxi is about 2-3 hours and it costs about $60-130 (vehicle, minivan).
How long is the ferry from Koh Lanta to Krabi?
The Koh Lanta Krabi ferry route connects Thailand with Thailand. Currently there is just the 1 ferry company operating this ferry service, Tigerline Ferry. The crossing operates up to 7 times each week with sailing durations from around 1 hour.