- 1 How much money do you need per day in Thailand?
- 2 Is it expensive in Phuket Thailand?
- 3 How much are restaurants in Phuket?
- 4 How much is a full meal in Thailand?
- 5 Is 1000 baht a lot?
- 6 How much cash should I carry to Thailand?
- 7 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 8 Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
- 9 How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Phuket?
- 10 Can you drink alcohol in Phuket?
- 11 Where should I live in Phuket?
- 12 Is Phuket more expensive than Bangkok?
- 13 What can 100 dollars buy in Thailand?
- 14 How Long Will 1000 dollars last in Thailand?
- 15 How much money do I need for 7 days in Thailand?
How much money do you need per day in Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
Is it expensive in Phuket Thailand?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
How much are restaurants in Phuket?
In simple local restaurants, it’s about 80–100 baht while at the most expensive one can be at around 400–600 baht (in 4- or 5-star resort restaurants ).
How much is a full meal in Thailand?
The average cost of a basic Thai meal in a restaurant is 90 – 150 baht. Seafood invariably costs more. A plate of noodles in a basic restaurant in Sukhumvit is around 100 baht. Thai portions are often smaller, so you may end up eating an extra meal or snacking during the day!
Is 1000 baht a lot?
Yes 1000 baht/day is a decent minimum budget, allowing you stay in single rooms (dorms/hostels are rare) or double/triple-up with fellow travellers, eat well (seek out what locals eat) and splash out for a couple beers.
How much cash should I carry to Thailand?
Thai Law requires tourists to arrive with a minimum of 10,000 Baht (~300USD) per person or 20,000 Baht per family (~600USD).
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
Majority of the time, Phuket is a pretty safe place to visit but most of the really harmful situations arise out of the heavy-handed nature of some of the scams and ripped off tourists all ignited under the duress of Thailand heat, a few drinks and a deal gone bad.
How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Phuket?
A trip for two weeks for two people costs ฿84,343 in Phuket. If you’re traveling as a family of three or four people, the price person often goes down because kid’s tickets are cheaper and hotel rooms can be shared. If you travel slower over a longer period of time then your daily budget will also go down.
Can you drink alcohol in Phuket?
PHUKET: Restaurants across Phuket may now sell alcohol and allow alcohol to be consumed on the premises until 11pm at night, Phuket Vice Governor Pichet Panapong has confirmed. “The sale and consumption of liquor or alcoholic beverages in the shop is allowed no later than 23:00,” the order said.
Where should I live in Phuket?
Phuket Town, on the east side of the island, is Phuket’s main population center. It’s one of the least touristy areas of Phuket, and makes a good place to stay if you want a more authentic Thai city experience. Like many Thai cities, Phuket Town has a prominent Chinatown making up the traditional economic center.
Is Phuket more expensive than Bangkok?
Hands down, Bangkok is way cheaper than Phuket with regards to transportation. Renting a bike in Phuket usually costs 2,500-3,000 baht a month. Food. If you are looking for a quick Pad Thai on the side of the road, then Bangkok will be a bit cheaper than Phuket, and you’ll end up paying 10-20 baht more on the island.
What can 100 dollars buy in Thailand?
In Thailand, USD $100 Can Get You:
- 10-15 meals from any number of Bangkok street food stalls.
- 300 Thai beers.
- 2-5 nights in a three-star Phuket beach resort.
- 60-140 one-way trips on the Bangkok rail system (BTS/MRT); 2-3 one-way flights between Bangkok and Phuket.
How Long Will 1000 dollars last in Thailand?
1000$ could last less than a week. You can eat for about 3$ a day – so 90$ a month. The rest on alcohol lol! So if you live live a poor Thai, you could manage 2 months or more.
How much money do I need for 7 days in Thailand?
How much money do you need for 7 days in Thailand? Within 7 days in Thailand, you can base yourself in Bangkok and the northern regions of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. We recommend you to plan a budget of $40 dollars per day.