- 1 How many international airports are there in Thailand?
- 2 When was Phuket airport built?
- 3 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 4 Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
- 5 Do I need injections for Thailand?
- 6 What month is the cheapest to fly to Thailand?
- 7 Is Phuket or Bangkok better?
- 8 Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
- 9 Which is the biggest airport in the world?
- 10 What time of year is best to go to Thailand?
- 11 Where can I sleep in Phuket?
- 12 How do you pronounce Phuket City?
- 13 How far is Phuket from Bangkok by plane?
How many international airports are there in Thailand?
Thailand has 38 airports, including seven international airports. Six of them are located in Bangkok, Samutprakarn, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Phuket, Hat Yai, which are under the supervision of Airports of Thailand Public Company Limited while U-Tapao International Airport is operated by Royal Thai Navy.
When was Phuket airport built?
Construction work began in 2009 and is scheduled for completion in 2010. “The Thai Government aims to increase Phuket Airport’s capacity to 12.5 million passengers by 2018 by way of expansions.”
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
Majority of the time, Phuket is a pretty safe place to visit but most of the really harmful situations arise out of the heavy-handed nature of some of the scams and ripped off tourists all ignited under the duress of Thailand heat, a few drinks and a deal gone bad.
Do I need injections for Thailand?
What vaccinations do I need for Thailand? It’s recommended that travellers to Thailand have jabs for tetanus and hepatitis A, possibly for Yellow Fever too, and they should also take additional precautions depending on which regions they’re visiting and the activities they plan to do.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Thailand?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Thailand is September. Enter your preferred departure airport and travel dates into the search form above to unlock the latest Thailand flight deals.
Is Phuket or Bangkok better?
Phuket or Bangkok, which is better? That depends on what you’re looking to get out of your vacation. Looking for white beaches and tropical paradise, Phuket is for you. But if your idea of a perfect holiday is visiting the big city, love to shop or want to find the best nightlife going, then Bangkok is for you.
Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
Fly into Bangkok Bangkok’s international airport, Suvarnabhumi, is the cheapest airport in Thailand to fly into. On average, Hopper found it’s about $200 cheaper to fly into Bangkok than it is to fly into Phuket!
Which is the biggest airport in the world?
The King Fahd International Airport in Dammam, Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest airport property by area. Taking up nearly 300 square miles, King Fahd International is about the size of New York City. The Beijing Daxing airport in Beijing, China has the greatest square footage of any airport terminal in the world.
What time of year is best to go to Thailand?
When’s the best time to visit Thailand? The best time to visit Thailand is between November and early April. Not only is it the driest part of the year in the Land of Smiles, but it’s also the warmest – temperatures hover between 32 and 36 degrees, with up to nine hours of sunshine a day.
Where can I sleep in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
How do you pronounce Phuket City?
You just pronounce ‘Poo-ket’ [pʰuːkɛt] (in Thai: ภูเก็ต). It’s that simple!
How far is Phuket from Bangkok by plane?
Flight time from Bangkok to Phuket is 1 hour Distance from Bangkok to Phuket is approximately 680 kilometers.