- 1 Is 2 weeks too long in Phuket?
- 2 When should you not go to Phuket?
- 3 Is Phuket Thailand dangerous?
- 4 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 5 How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Phuket?
- 6 How many days in Phuket is enough?
- 7 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 8 Do people speak English in Phuket?
- 9 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Phuket?
- 10 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 11 Do Thai people speak English well?
- 12 How much money per day do you need in Thailand?
- 13 Which is better Phuket or Maldives?
- 14 Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
- 15 Is Phuket good for couples?
Is 2 weeks too long in Phuket?
2 weeks is just about right if you want to do most of what Phuket has on offer, and still have some lazy days by the pool.
When should you not go to Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
Is Phuket Thailand dangerous?
Though there are relatively low levels of crime, there are scams and robberies to watch out for that make this perhaps not the paradise you had always dreamed it to be. Combine that with some dangerous aspects of mother nature (namely, the sea) and there are a few things to worry about on your trip to Phuket.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Brilliant Beaches Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Phuket?
A trip for two weeks for two people costs ฿84,343 in Phuket. If you’re traveling as a family of three or four people, the price person often goes down because kid’s tickets are cheaper and hotel rooms can be shared. If you travel slower over a longer period of time then your daily budget will also go down.
How many days in Phuket is enough?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Do people speak English in Phuket?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Phuket?
The clear warm waters are enticing, and are pretty safe for most of the year. The sea does contain dangerous creatures, such as sea snakes, lionfish, stonefish and jellyfish. You should exercise a lot of caution while swimming off the west coast of Phuket during the rainy season (May – October) due to rough seas.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Do Thai people speak English well?
The official stats put the English speaking percentage of the Thai population at around 27% or just over a quarter. Expats who actually live there put this figure a little lower in their own personal experience – the figure of around 10-15% of the population comes out quite often – see here for example.
How much money per day do you need in Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
Which is better Phuket or Maldives?
As both Phuket and Maldives are being more visited and commercial enough to ruin your Trip If you would like to have the luxurious stay experience in one of the private island resort then definitely go for Maldives and definitely will be little expensive. Phuket will be more of budget trip.
Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
The 10 Best Areas in Phuket for Tourists
- Kata Yai and Kata Noi.
- Bang Tao.
- Nai Harn.
- Chalong Bay and Rawai.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.