- 1 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 2 Which beach is near Phuket Town?
- 3 How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
- 4 How many days in Phuket is enough?
- 5 Where can I sleep in Phuket?
- 6 Which Phuket beach best for families?
- 7 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 8 Are there sharks in Phuket?
- 9 What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
- 10 Is 100 baht a good tip?
- 11 Is Grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
- 12 Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
- 13 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 14 Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
- 15 Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
Which beach is near Phuket Town?
Do you want to be near Phuket town or Patong beach where all the action is. That is where most people stay, on that side of the island,where all the popular beaches are. Patong is a 30 minute taxi ride into Phuket town. Panwa is a lovely location but further away from most things so its a lot quieter.
How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
The quickest way to get from Patong to Old Phuket Town is to taxi which costs ฿430 – ฿550 and takes 16 min.
How many days in Phuket is enough?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
Where can I sleep in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
Which Phuket beach best for families?
5 Best Phuket Beaches for Families
- Karon Beach.
- Kamala Beach.
- Patong Beach.
- Bangtao Beach.
- Kata Beach.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Are there sharks in Phuket?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks.
What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Is 100 baht a good tip?
In more upscale restaurants, with professional wait staff who provide excellent service, a larger tip of 5%-10% is quite common. Massage ladies commonly get a more substantial tip of 100 baht because they get only a pittance out of what you pay the house, and often wait around all day for a customer.
Is Grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
Grab is expensive in Phuket, it is cheaper just to approach the taxi on the street as prices with drivers on Grab can be exorbitant, as well as the 150 baht booking fee on top of that. The problem with normal taxis is they will more than likely try to rip you off.
Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
Taxis and Grab Expect to pay 100–200 baht for a shared minibus or up to 500 baht for a private taxi, depending on your destination. There are metred taxis just outside the airport terminal, as well as tourist areas like Patong and Phuket Town. Fares start from 50 baht for the first 2 km and 8 baht per additional km.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Brilliant Beaches Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
While meal prices in Phuket can vary, the average cost of food in Phuket is ฿596 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Phuket should cost around ฿239 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
The 10 Best Areas in Phuket for Tourists
- Kata Yai and Kata Noi.
- Bang Tao.
- Nai Harn.
- Chalong Bay and Rawai.