- 1 What Phuket famous for?
- 2 Which is the best area in Phuket?
- 3 Is Chiang Mai better than Phuket?
- 4 How safe is Phuket?
- 5 Is Phuket worth going to?
- 6 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 7 What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
- 8 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 9 What is a person from Phuket called?
- 10 What language is spoken in Phuket?
- 11 In which country is Phuket located?
- 12 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Chiang Mai?
- 14 Are there beaches in Chiang Mai?
What Phuket famous for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
Which is the best area in Phuket?
The 6 Best Towns and Villages to Visit in Phuket
- Patong. Located on the western coast of the island is the bustling town of Patong.
- Phuket Town. The capital of the province of Phuket, what Phuket Town lacks in beaches it more than makes up for in architectural beauty.
- Surin Beach.
Is Chiang Mai better than Phuket?
Chiang Mai is much more relaxed and much less in-your-face touristy compared to Phuket (particularly Patong). Many travelers call it their favorite city in Thailand, or even in Asia.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Is Phuket worth going to?
But now you’re beyond backpacks and full-moon parties, is Phuket still worth a trip? The answer is a resounding yes. This big beauty, a tropical 30 miles by 13, has impressive and affordable hotels and spas. The truth, as adults know, is that you’ll have a better time away from the hostels and hordes.
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
What is a person from Phuket called?
ANSWER. Person from Phuket. THAI. People from Bangkok or Phuket. THAIS.
What language is spoken in Phuket?
The Thai Language Although Phuket has its own subdialect of Southern Thai, the Central Thai dialect is widely used and understood, as it is throughout the rest of Thailand.
In which country is Phuket located?
Phuket, city and island, southern Thailand. The island lies in the Andaman Sea, off the west coast of peninsular Thailand. Phuket city, located in the southeastern portion of the island, is a major port and commercial centre.
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
What is the best month to visit Chiang Mai?
The ideal time to visit Chiang Mai is between October and April. Weather during this period is mostly cool and pleasant with light breeze, which is also why it’s peak tourist season. Another good time to visit Chiang Mai is during the festivals when the city is at its vibrant best.
Are there beaches in Chiang Mai?
There are no beaches in Chiang Mai, but plenty of other activities and tours. Below a few ideas of things to do in beautiful Chiang Mai. Botanic Gardens – Queen Sirikit and Tweechol Botanic Garden, Royal Flora Exhibition. Caves – Chiang Dao Cave and Muang On Cave.