- 1 Which part of Phuket is best to stay?
- 2 What Phuket famous for?
- 3 Which side of Phuket has the best beaches?
- 4 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 5 How many days do you need for Phuket?
- 6 What month is the cheapest to fly to Phuket?
- 7 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 8 Is Phuket worth going to?
- 9 How safe is Phuket?
- 10 What is the best month to visit Phuket?
- 11 Is Karon Beach better than Patong?
- 12 Which is the most famous and most happening beach in Phuket?
- 13 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 14 Do people speak English in Phuket?
- 15 What should I avoid in Thailand?
Which part of Phuket is best to stay?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What Phuket famous for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
Which side of Phuket has the best beaches?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
How many days do you need for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Phuket?
We crunched some numbers and found that the cheapest month to fly to Phuket is currently October 2021.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
Is Phuket worth going to?
But now you’re beyond backpacks and full-moon parties, is Phuket still worth a trip? The answer is a resounding yes. This big beauty, a tropical 30 miles by 13, has impressive and affordable hotels and spas. The truth, as adults know, is that you’ll have a better time away from the hostels and hordes.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
What is the best month to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
Is Karon Beach better than Patong?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
Which is the most famous and most happening beach in Phuket?
With its beautiful stretch of sand, Bangtao is always associated with the resort complex known as ‘Laguna Phuket’. In recent year Bangtao has become one of the most lively and trendy beach destinations in Phuket, with many beach clubs and a vast beach dining choice.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Do people speak English in Phuket?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
Top 10 things to avoid in Thailand
- Swim at the southern Andaman beaches in the low season.
- Hire a motorbike.
- Go to tiger or animal shows.
- Go to zoos.
- Ride an elephant.
- Get in a taxi or tuk tuk before negotiating your fare.
- Sign contracts without advice from a qualified Thai lawyer.
- Get in an argument with Thai police.