- 1 Where can I go instead of Phuket?
- 2 Which side of Phuket is better?
- 3 Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
- 4 Which islands are close to Phuket?
- 5 How do you get from Phuket to Phi Phi Island?
- 6 What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
- 7 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 8 How safe is Phuket?
- 9 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 10 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 11 Is Phuket better than Bali?
- 12 Are there sharks in Phuket waters?
- 13 Is Phi Phi island closed?
Where can I go instead of Phuket?
Below are the best islands around Phuket, each with its own personality and certainly worth a visit when you’re in Phuket.
- Phi Phi Islands.
- Similan Islands.
- Racha Islands.
- Coral Island.
- Koh Yao Yai and Koh Yao Noi.
- Koh Khai Islands.
- Koh Bon.
- Koh Maphrao.
Which side of Phuket is better?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- 1 For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- 2 For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- 3 For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- 4 For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- 5 For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
Which islands are close to Phuket?
While there are tonnes of these little islets close by, these 9 amazing islands near Phuket just cannot be missed.
- Koh Phi Phi.
- Koh Lanta.
- James Bond Island.
- Similan Island.
- Surin Island.
- Koh Yao Yai and Koh Yao Noi.
- Koh Racha Yai and Koh Racha Noi.
- Koh Bon.
How do you get from Phuket to Phi Phi Island?
Phi Phi Island is 46 km from Phuket and the main way to get to Phi Phi island is by boat. Ferries from Phuket take around two hours and ninety minutes from Krabi. Main departure from Phuket is the Rassada Pier and from Krabi at the Klong Jirad Pier.
What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Is Phuket better than Bali?
Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
Are there sharks in Phuket waters?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks. Shark attacks on divers are extremely rare throughout the world.
Is Phi Phi island closed?
a. Yes, Phi Phi Island is open as well as all the attractions and other islands around. Only the famous Maya Bay is closed until further notice.