- 1 Where can I snorkel in Phuket?
- 2 Is Phuket good for snorkelling?
- 3 Which beach is best for snorkeling?
- 4 How much does snorkeling cost in Phuket?
- 5 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 6 Are there sharks in Thailand?
- 7 How do you get from Phuket to Coral Island?
- 8 What is coral island famous for?
- 9 Where in Thailand is Phuket?
- 10 How dangerous is snorkeling?
- 11 What benefits can I get from snorkeling?
- 12 Can you go underwater with snorkel?
Where can I snorkel in Phuket?
15 Best Places For Snorkeling in Phuket
- Freedom Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach.
- Merlin Beach.
- Ya Nui Beach.
- Banana Beach.
- Laem Singh Beach.
- Naithon Beach.
- Kata Beach.
Is Phuket good for snorkelling?
The best places to snorkel in Phuket are just a short distance from some of the island’s most fantastic beaches, making them conveniently accessible and making snorkelling a nice addition to a relaxing day by the sea. However, not all offer the same clear waters and exotic marine habitats.
Which beach is best for snorkeling?
14 Best Places to Go Snorkeling in the World
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Colorful fish and coral on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Komodo National Park, Indonesia.
- Grenada, The Caribbean.
- Bay of Donsol, The Philippines.
- Baa Atoll, Maldives.
- Madang, Papua New Guinea.
- Maui, Hawaii, United States.
- Silver Bank, Dominican Republic.
How much does snorkeling cost in Phuket?
How much does snorkeling in Phuket cost? Snorkeling in Phuket will cost you anything between 2000 INR to 5000 INR per head. If you opt for a couple package, the charges may go beyond 10000 INR.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
Are there sharks in Thailand?
In Thailand, the three most-commonly seen species are the Whitetip Reef Shark (Triaenodon obesus), the Blacktip Reef Shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus) and the Zebra Shark (Stegostoma fasciatum). Whitetip Reef Sharks & Zebra Sharks are both nocturnal hunters, so they tend to sleep during the day.
How do you get from Phuket to Coral Island?
You can get to Coral Island by renting a long-tail boat at either Rawai Beach or Chalong Pier. If you want to travel by speedboat, book a snorkelling trip from Chalong to get to the island within 15 minutes. You’ll be provided with a snorkelling mask and fins, as well as a buffet lunch.
What is coral island famous for?
Coral Island Overview Locally known as Koh Hae, this beautiful getaway is famous for its impressive coral reef and has two main beaches, namely Long Beach and Banana Beach. At both beaches there are a lot of water sport activities such as, banana boats, canoes and snorkelling.
Where in Thailand is Phuket?
Phuket province is located in southern Thailand. It is the biggest Island of Thailand and sits on the Andaman sea. The nearest province to the north is Phang-nga and the nearest provinces to the east are Phang-nga and Krabi.
How dangerous is snorkeling?
Snorkeling does come with risks. Serious things like strong currents, heart problems, drownings, weather changes, marine life, underwater objects, equipment issues, and others are all official risks of snorkeling and have caused deaths.
What benefits can I get from snorkeling?
Five positive benefits of snorkelling
- Improves breathing and cardiovascular health. Snorkelling assists in increasing your lungs’ capacity to hold oxygen, as breathing through a tube is more difficult than regular breathing – think of snorkelling as a form of breathing exercise.
- Good for Mental Health.
- Back to nature.
Can you go underwater with snorkel?
Snorkels do not work underwater! Yes, believe it or not. In order to snorkel underwater, you need to take a breath on the surface and hold that breath. Then you are able to dive down and snorkel underwater.