- 1 Is there good snorkeling in Phuket?
- 2 Which is the best month to visit Phuket?
- 3 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 4 How much does snorkeling cost in Phuket?
- 5 Which beach is best for snorkeling?
- 6 Does Phuket have coral reefs?
- 7 Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
- 8 What is the rainy season in Phuket?
- 9 Why is Phuket so popular?
- 10 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 11 Are there snakes in Phuket?
- 12 Do people speak English in Phuket?
Is there good snorkeling in Phuket?
The Phi Phi Islands are an outstanding snorkeling destination, with an incredible variety of tropical fish and bright coral. Closer to Phuket are the Coral, Racha, and Khai Nok islands, each offering clear waters and abundant marine life just offshore.
Which is the best month to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
How much does snorkeling cost in Phuket?
How much does snorkeling in Phuket cost? Snorkeling in Phuket will cost you anything between 2000 INR to 5000 INR per head. If you opt for a couple package, the charges may go beyond 10000 INR.
Which beach is best for snorkeling?
14 Best Places to Go Snorkeling in the World
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia. Colorful fish and coral on the Great Barrier Reef.
- Komodo National Park, Indonesia.
- Grenada, The Caribbean.
- Bay of Donsol, The Philippines.
- Baa Atoll, Maldives.
- Madang, Papua New Guinea.
- Maui, Hawaii, United States.
- Silver Bank, Dominican Republic.
Does Phuket have coral reefs?
Coral reefs of Phuket Island have been studied for many years.
Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
Majority of the time, Phuket is a pretty safe place to visit but most of the really harmful situations arise out of the heavy-handed nature of some of the scams and ripped off tourists all ignited under the duress of Thailand heat, a few drinks and a deal gone bad.
What is the rainy season in Phuket?
Mid-May to October: Monsoon season in Phuket lasts from May to October. Average temperature during monsoons is 28 °C-29 °C. While the weather is at its humid best, the prices are at an all-time low, making this one of the cheapest seasons to plan a trip.
Why is Phuket so popular?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Are there snakes in Phuket?
Cobras are found all around Thailand, especially in Phuket. This venomous snake can climb and swim but mainly dwells on flat land in a variety of places, which include rice fields, rubber plantations, villages, and even cities. They are more active at night but can prey during the day also.
Do people speak English in Phuket?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.