- 1 What to do in Phuket rainy days?
- 2 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 3 Is rainy season in Thailand bad?
- 4 Is it worth going to Thailand in rainy season?
- 5 Is October a good time to visit Phuket?
- 6 How hot is it in Thailand in October?
- 7 Is Phuket safe at night?
- 8 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 9 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 10 What month should you avoid Thailand?
- 11 What is the coolest month in Thailand?
- 12 What is rainy season called?
- 13 Is July a good time to visit Thailand?
- 14 Is October a good month to go to Thailand?
What to do in Phuket rainy days?
10 Things to Do in Phuket When it Rains
- Indulge in a spa treatment.
- Jungceylon Shopping Mall.
- Central Phuket.
- Phuket Trickeye Museum.
- Baan Teelanka.
- Museums in Phuket.
- Thai cooking classes.
- Phuket Aquarium.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is rainy season in Thailand bad?
The months that typically get the most rainfall are August and September. During the rainy season in Thailand, the seas are typically very rough, and for beachgoers swimming and watersports can sometimes be dangerous due to generally large waves and frequent storms.
Is it worth going to Thailand in rainy season?
It is absolutely worth going to Thailand any time, but also in rainy season. It rarely rains all day, and usually the day is warm and sunny most of the day, then when it does rain it is short and sharp storms which cool things off nicely.
Is October a good time to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
How hot is it in Thailand in October?
During October the average high’s 30ºC, which only drops to 23ºC at night time, so you won’t need many warm clothes. A rain coat’s probably a good idea though, as there’s 290mm of rain over 16 days. The sea temperature’s 29ºC, so it’s lovely and warm for swimming, while humidity’s very high.
Is Phuket safe at night?
Whilst it is pretty safe there are still some safety tips you should be following when you’re in Phuket by yourself. Watch your drink when you’re on a night out. Drink spiking, unfortunately, does happen in Phuket – like most places in the world – so it’s important to not let your drink out of your sight.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
What month should you avoid Thailand?
When to avoid traveling in Thailand Chiang Mai: If possible, avoid visiting from mid-February through early April. This is “burning season” and air quality can be quite bad. Similan Islands: The National Marine Park is closed between the months of November through March.
What is the coolest month in Thailand?
December is the coolest month of the year, when daily temperatures in northern Thailand can average 21oC (70oF), so do remember to bring some warmer clothes with you.
What is rainy season called?
The wet season (sometimes called the rainy season) is the time of year when most of a region’s average annual rainfall occurs. Generally, the season lasts at least a month. The term green season is also sometimes used as a euphemism by tourist authorities.
Is July a good time to visit Thailand?
July can be a good time to visit Thailand, but you’ll need to be prepared for rain. It’s the middle of the wet season and most of the country experiences significant showers and thunderstorms from the southwest monsoons. The plus side is that the crowds are negligible and the prices are reduced.
Is October a good month to go to Thailand?
Visiting Thailand in October Rains continue throughout the beginning of October and temperatures begin to drop. However, the more comfortable cooler temperatures and lower humidity, along with less chance of rain at the end of the month, make October a good month to travel.