- 1 When should you not go to Phuket?
- 2 Does it rain in Phuket?
- 3 How hot does it get in Phuket?
- 4 What is the best month to go to Phuket Thailand?
- 5 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 6 Is Phuket safe at night?
- 7 What is the rainy season in Phuket?
- 8 Is June a good time to visit Phuket?
- 9 Where can I sleep in Phuket?
- 10 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 11 How is Phuket in July?
- 12 Are there lots of mosquitoes in Thailand?
- 13 How much money per day do you need in Thailand?
- 14 What months are the rainy season in Thailand?
When should you not go to Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
Does it rain in Phuket?
The climate of Phuket is tropical, hot all year round, with a rainy season due to the southwest monsoon, which lasts from May to October, and a dry season from December to March. During some years, however, there may be torrential rains even in July and August. Here is the average precipitation.
How hot does it get in Phuket?
Hottest time in Phuket The hottest Phuket weather is from April through May, with temperatures ranging from 27°C to 36°C (80°F to 95°F). Humidity is high, at this time, which can make the days feel even hotter. Occasional short, thundery showers bring a little relief from the heat.
What is the best month to go to Phuket Thailand?
Most travellers consider November to February the best time to visit Phuket, when days are mostly sunny and dry – ideal if you’re planning to spend lots of time on the beach. The wet season runs from May to October, when the south-west monsoon brings higher levels of rainfall and humidity.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Phuket safe at night?
Whilst it is pretty safe there are still some safety tips you should be following when you’re in Phuket by yourself. Watch your drink when you’re on a night out. Drink spiking, unfortunately, does happen in Phuket – like most places in the world – so it’s important to not let your drink out of your sight.
What is the rainy season in Phuket?
Mid-May to October: Monsoon season in Phuket lasts from May to October. Average temperature during monsoons is 28 °C-29 °C. While the weather is at its humid best, the prices are at an all-time low, making this one of the cheapest seasons to plan a trip.
Is June a good time to visit Phuket?
Phuket in June June gets regular periods of rain but usually a lot less than the wettest months of the low season. A good chance of some dry fine periods together with the low season prices make this one of the best low season months to consider visiting Phuket.
Where can I sleep in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
How is Phuket in July?
The average temperature is 28°C that sits between the average high/lows of 25°C and 31°C. July sees the end of the hot season, even though temperatures vary little here as Phuket is close to the equator.
Are there lots of mosquitoes in Thailand?
Although mosquitoes are present year round in Thailand, populations peak during the rainy season from May to September. Whether you live in Thailand or are just traveling through, here are some of the risks associated with mosquitoes and how to prevent these pests from biting you.
How much money per day do you need in Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
What months are the rainy season in Thailand?
Seasons in Thailand The rainy season in the north is between June and October, with the cool season making up the remaining months from October to February.