- 1 How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
- 2 Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
- 3 Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
- 4 How do I get from Phuket airport to Patong Beach?
- 5 Is 100 baht a good tip?
- 6 What is the best way to get around Phuket?
- 7 Is there Uber in Phuket?
- 8 Is there any grab in Phuket?
- 9 How easy is it to travel around Phuket?
- 10 How do I pay Grab taxi?
- 11 Can I pay Grab taxi with cash?
- 12 How much is Grab in Thailand?
- 13 How do I get from Phuket airport to my hotel?
- 14 Where do you stay in Phuket?
- 15 How do you get to Patong Beach?
How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
The quickest way to get from Patong to Old Phuket Town is to taxi which costs ฿430 – ฿550 and takes 16 min.
Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
Taxis and Grab Expect to pay 100–200 baht for a shared minibus or up to 500 baht for a private taxi, depending on your destination. There are metred taxis just outside the airport terminal, as well as tourist areas like Patong and Phuket Town. Fares start from 50 baht for the first 2 km and 8 baht per additional km.
Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
Grab is expensive in Phuket, it is cheaper just to approach the taxi on the street as prices with drivers on Grab can be exorbitant, as well as the 150 baht booking fee on top of that. The problem with normal taxis is they will more than likely try to rip you off.
How do I get from Phuket airport to Patong Beach?
The most popular option is getting a Phuket airport taxi as taxis are the most convenient and reliable transport option. A taxi ride takes approximately 50 minutes to get to the centre of Patong and costs around €23 (875 THB).
Is 100 baht a good tip?
In more upscale restaurants, with professional wait staff who provide excellent service, a larger tip of 5%-10% is quite common. Massage ladies commonly get a more substantial tip of 100 baht because they get only a pittance out of what you pay the house, and often wait around all day for a customer.
What is the best way to get around Phuket?
The best way to get around Phuket is by tuk-tuk, though occasionally you might have to rely on another mode of travel, such as a taxi or rental car, if you want to travel beyond the town in which you’re basing your vacation.
Is there Uber in Phuket?
There is no Uber in Phuket.
Is there any grab in Phuket?
While there are plenty of similar apps available around the world, Grab is the only 1 that operates in Phuket. A key advantage of Grab in Phuket is that you won’t need to rely on tuk-tuks for getting around.
How easy is it to travel around Phuket?
Getting around Phuket is relatively easy, as the island is served by many private and public transportation options. Most of the resort areas are small enough to walk around, with popular resorts and hotels located close to the beach, restaurants and shopping areas.
How do I pay Grab taxi?
GrabPay is now available for GrabTaxi in all cities!
- Open up the app and click on the menu bar at the top left corner of your screen.
- Click on the Payment Methods tab for Android or the GrabPay tab for iPhone, and select +Add New Debit/ Credit Card.
- Fill in your debit or credit card information and verify details.
Can I pay Grab taxi with cash?
Fully rolled-out by November 2020 through an updated version of the Grab app, Cash- in with Driver allows cash-paying commuters to enjoy safe and reliable GrabCar services by simply activating their GrabPay wallets during the ride, paying cash to their drivers, and receive their change credited to their GrabPay wallets.
How much is Grab in Thailand?
What are Grab Thailand rates? JustGrab Thailand rates: Base fare 55 Baht (1.76 USD, 1.55 EUR, 1.38 GBP) Fare per kilometer for the first five kilometers is 3 Baht per kilometer.
How do I get from Phuket airport to my hotel?
Minibuses will take you from Phuket airport to your hotel, but only on the beaches of Patong, Karon and Kata. The fare is 180 – 200 baht. A ticket on a minibus in the international terminal it is better to buy at the airport at counters in the arrivals area. Tickets are sold on the street, but there are usually queues.
Where do you stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
How do you get to Patong Beach?
Airport Express Bus The Express Bus, on the other hand, goes all the way to Patong Beach for 120 Baht per person. The trip to Patong Beach takes almost two hours and is available every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Express Bus is clean, comfortable and air-conditioned.