- 1 Should I visit Phuket or Chiang Mai?
- 2 What part of Thailand should I visit?
- 3 How far is Chiang Mai from Phuket?
- 4 When should you avoid Chiang Mai?
- 5 How many days do you need for Chiang Mai?
- 6 Are there beaches in Chiang Mai?
- 7 What is the most beautiful part of Thailand?
- 8 What is the most visited place in Thailand?
- 9 Who visits Thailand the most?
- 10 How many days is enough for Phuket?
- 11 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 12 Is Chiang Mai near Phuket?
- 13 Is Chiang Mai dangerous?
- 14 What is the best month to visit Chiang Mai?
- 15 Why is Chiang Mai air so bad?
Should I visit Phuket or Chiang Mai?
If you enjoy culture, mountains, hiking, adventure, friendly locals, ethnic hill tribes and great food Chiang Mai is great. Phuket has great beaches and watersports. It all depends what you enjoy best. This also depends on the time of year do to weather and high seas.
What part of Thailand should I visit?
Best Places to Visit in Thailand
- Chiang Mai.
- Railay Beach.
- Phang Nga.
- Similan Islands Marine National Park.
How far is Chiang Mai from Phuket?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Chiang Mai to Phuket. Your trip will be a total of 961 miles (1545 km). The flying distance is 739 miles (1188 km).
When should you avoid Chiang Mai?
Just be careful to avoid Chiang Mai in March and April, when the region’s farmers burn brush and overgrowth en masse, filling the air with smoke and ash.
How many days do you need for Chiang Mai?
Chiang Mai was founded in the 13th century and one or two days will not do this amazing city justice. Ideally four nights and five days will give you enough time to explore and get a true sense of Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai was founded in 1296 and is located in an area of majestic mountains.
Are there beaches in Chiang Mai?
There are no beaches in Chiang Mai, but plenty of other activities and tours. Below a few ideas of things to do in beautiful Chiang Mai. Botanic Gardens – Queen Sirikit and Tweechol Botanic Garden, Royal Flora Exhibition. Caves – Chiang Dao Cave and Muang On Cave.
What is the most beautiful part of Thailand?
The 15 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Thailand
- Sam Phan Bok.
- Tham Lot Cave.
- Aow Kao Kwai. Natural Feature.
- Khao Ngon Nak. Natural Feature.
- Koh Nangyuan Viewpoint. Natural Feature.
- Elephant Nature Park. Natural Feature, Park.
- Phanom Rung Historical Park. Park, Hindu Temple.
- Mor Hin Khao. Natural Feature.
What is the most visited place in Thailand?
From the popular Bangkok Thailand tourist spots to offbeat tourist destinations, we’ve rounded up all the best Thailand tourist places you must visit.
- Bangkok – The country’s capital.
- Phuket – The most visited place in Thailand for beach getaways.
- Chiang Mai – Home to over 500 temples.
Who visits Thailand the most?
From 2012 onwards, China has been taking the top spot as far as providing tourists to Thailand, now way ahead of Malaysia in second place. As seen below, close to 11 million Chinese visitors arrived in 2019, which was 27.6 % of the total.
How many days is enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Is Chiang Mai near Phuket?
The distance between Chiang Mai and Phuket is 1215 km. The road distance is 1527.9 km. The best way to get from Chiang Mai to Phuket is to fly which takes 5h 7m and costs ฿1700 – ฿4400.
Is Chiang Mai dangerous?
Chiang Mai is perfectly safe and its dangers come down to petty crime and scams. Petty theft like pickpocketing or bag snatching is more than common and you should expect it at every step. Violent crime has been on the rise during the past couple of years and muggings and robberies are not rare at all.
What is the best month to visit Chiang Mai?
The ideal time to visit Chiang Mai is between October and April. Weather during this period is mostly cool and pleasant with light breeze, which is also why it’s peak tourist season. Another good time to visit Chiang Mai is during the festivals when the city is at its vibrant best.
Why is Chiang Mai air so bad?
In Chiang Mai, the pollutant of most concern is particulate matter — small bits of dust from fires, construction and power plants. Much of what we see in our air over these few months comes from farmers and factories burning huge amounts of agricultural waste.