- 1 What is the best area in Phuket to stay?
- 2 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 3 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 4 Is Phuket good for singles?
- 5 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 6 How many days is enough for Phuket?
- 7 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 8 Which part of Thailand has the best beaches?
- 9 How safe is Phuket?
- 10 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 11 Do people in Phuket speak English?
- 12 Is it safe to walk around Phuket?
- 13 Does Phuket have a red light district?
What is the best area in Phuket to stay?
Karon – Best place to stay in Phuket for tourists Karon beach is not as frantic as Patong beach but often referred to as “Patong’s Little Sister, located only 20 minutes away from Patong. In Karon you will find a range of small shops/markets, a bar or 2 and nice little restaurants and cafes.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Phuket good for singles?
With a large assortment of hotels and resorts to choose from, Phuket has something for everyone. If you’re looking for a resort that caters to singles and those traveling on a business trip, you’ll most likely want to have close and easy access to area attractions as well as nightlife and shops.
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
How many days is enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Which part of Thailand has the best beaches?
- Maenam Beach, Koh Samui.
- Sunset Beach, Koh Lipe.
- Thong Nai Pan Noi, Koh Phangan.
- Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi.
- Sairee Beach, Koh Tao.
- Maya Bay, Koh Phi Phi.
- Long Beach, Koh Lanta.
- Kata Noi Beach, Phuket.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Do people in Phuket speak English?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.
Is it safe to walk around Phuket?
Re: Guys is Phuket Safe for Tourist??? Yes it is safe IMO. I walk around all the time by myself and never felt unsafe.
Does Phuket have a red light district?
It is where much of the sex tourism in Phuket takes place. In other words, it’s a red light district. Apart from sex workers, Patong also has more than its fair share of obnoxious drunk people, gross sex shows, taxi mafias, and drugs.