- 1 What should we do in Phuket?
- 2 What is Phuket best known for?
- 3 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 4 How many days in Phuket is enough?
- 5 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 6 Is Phuket better than Bali?
- 7 How safe is Phuket?
- 8 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 9 What is there to do in Phuket at night?
- 10 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 11 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 12 Do people in Phuket speak English?
- 13 What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 14 Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
- 15 Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
What should we do in Phuket?
25 Best Things to Do in Phuket (Thailand)
- Take a Trip to Kata Noi Beach.
- Have a Tour of The Chalong Bay Rum Distillery.
- Come And See The Phuket Big Buddha.
- Nai Harn Beach.
- Take a Wander to Karon View Point.
- Take a Trip to Wat Chalong.
- Go Shopping at Phuket Town Weekend Night Market.
- Hang Out at Tiger Kingdom.
What is Phuket best known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
How many days in Phuket is enough?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
Is Phuket better than Bali?
Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
What is there to do in Phuket at night?
Here is the list of Best Things to do in Phuket at Night:
- Shop at the Phuket Town Weekend Night Market.
- Bar Hopping in Bangla Road.
- Take a Walking Tour of the Phuket Street.
- Visit Any of the Go Go Bars.
- Party at Patong Beach.
- Enjoy Sunset Dinner Cruise.
- Watch the Panoramic View of the City from the Quip Sky Bar.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
Top 10 things to avoid in Thailand
- Swim at the southern Andaman beaches in the low season.
- Hire a motorbike.
- Go to tiger or animal shows.
- Go to zoos.
- Ride an elephant.
- Get in a taxi or tuk tuk before negotiating your fare.
- Sign contracts without advice from a qualified Thai lawyer.
- Get in an argument with Thai police.
Do people in Phuket speak English?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.
What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
While meal prices in Phuket can vary, the average cost of food in Phuket is ฿596 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Phuket should cost around ฿239 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
The 10 Best Areas in Phuket for Tourists
- Kata Yai and Kata Noi.
- Bang Tao.
- Nai Harn.
- Chalong Bay and Rawai.