- 1 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 2 What should I pack for 2 weeks in Thailand?
- 3 How many days is enough for Phuket?
- 4 How do people dress in Phuket?
- 5 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 6 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 7 What should you not wear in Thailand?
- 8 Can I wear red in Thailand?
- 9 Do I need injections for Thailand?
- 10 What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 11 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 12 Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
- 13 Can you smoke in Phuket?
- 14 What must buy in Thailand?
- 15 Can you drink tap water in Thailand?
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
What should I pack for 2 weeks in Thailand?
Thailand Packing List for 2 weeks
- 1 workout top. If you’re planning to exercise during your trip or are planning on doing trekking or other outdoor activity, remember to pack a fitness top.
- 2 Dresses. Dresses are very versatile.
- 1 maxi skirt.
- 1 pair of lightweight pants.
- 1 pair of leggings.
- 1 light Jacket.
How many days is enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
How do people dress in Phuket?
The dress code throughout Phuket is very casual and you can get away with wearing very casual clothing for almost any occasion at most venues. Most people usually only wear T-shirts and shorts, skirts, bikini and sarongs.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
What should you not wear in Thailand?
Don’t wear revealing clothing For men, don’t wear sleeveless muscle shirts or singlets (especially ones that show your man nipples) or walk around with your shirts unbuttoned. Ladies, don’t wear tank tops and avoid spaghetti strap shirts completely unless you are wearing a cardigan or shawl draped over your shoulders.
Can I wear red in Thailand?
Of course, it is perfectly safe to wear a red shirt in Thailand! Unless that is you wear one and join a mass demonstration against the army’s orders Red is an auspicious color in Thailand cause of the Thai-Chinese, and Sunday is the ‘red day of the week’.
Do I need injections for Thailand?
What vaccinations do I need for Thailand? It’s recommended that travellers to Thailand have jabs for tetanus and hepatitis A, possibly for Yellow Fever too, and they should also take additional precautions depending on which regions they’re visiting and the activities they plan to do.
What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Brilliant Beaches Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
Is it expensive to eat in Phuket?
While meal prices in Phuket can vary, the average cost of food in Phuket is ฿596 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Phuket should cost around ฿239 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Can you smoke in Phuket?
Thailand is introducing a smoking ban on beaches across the country with those caught violating the law facing up to a year in prison. The measure will apply to up to 20 beaches in areas including the popular tourist destination of Phuket.
What must buy in Thailand?
37 Best Souvenirs and Gifts to Buy in Thailand
- Flower Soap. Thai soap coming in all shapes of flowers and interesting fruits is not only beautifully carved but also extremely fragrant.
- Wooden Carvings.
- Triangular Pillows.
- Paper Umbrellas.
- Thai Keychain & Magnets.
- Thai Silk.
Can you drink tap water in Thailand?
Can I Drink the Water in Thailand? Don’t drink tap water in Thailand, stick to boiled or treated water. Don’t worry too much about the ice as there’s an extensive network of ice factories which use purified water. For the same reason you don’t drink the water, take care when you’re swimming in it.