- 1 What ocean surrounds Phuket Thailand?
- 2 Which ocean borders Thailand?
- 3 Which side of Phuket has the best beaches?
- 4 How big is Phuket?
- 5 Where is the clearest water in Thailand?
- 6 Why is the ocean green in Thailand?
- 7 Why is the sea green in Thailand?
- 8 Are there sharks in Thailand?
- 9 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 10 Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 11 What is the best month to visit Phuket?
- 12 What is a person from Phuket called?
- 13 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 14 How safe is Phuket?
What ocean surrounds Phuket Thailand?
Phuket nestles in balmy Andaman Sea waters on Thailand’s Indian Ocean coastline 862 kilometres south of Bangkok.
Which ocean borders Thailand?
Gulf of Thailand, formerly Gulf Of Siam, inlet of the South China Sea bordering Thailand (southwest through north), Cambodia, and southern Vietnam (northeast). The Gulf of Thailand is 300 to 350 miles (500 to 560 km) wide and 450 miles (725 km) long.
Which side of Phuket has the best beaches?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
How big is Phuket?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
Where is the clearest water in Thailand?
Kantiang Bay, Ko Lanta It’s found just before you enter the sparsely populated deep south of the island, which means the beach is surrounded by deep green jungle and national park land. The beach features white sand and crystal clear waters speckled with a handful of resorts.
Why is the ocean green in Thailand?
What color is YOUR ocean? When the water looks especially green, it means there are a lot of microscopic algae (called phytoplankton) growing near the surface. Phytoplankton get energy from sunlight, just like plants do.
Why is the sea green in Thailand?
Each green dot you see in the Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Sea is a fishing vessel, casting a bright green light on the boat to attract plankton and fish in the area.
Are there sharks in Thailand?
In Thailand, the three most-commonly seen species are the Whitetip Reef Shark (Triaenodon obesus), the Blacktip Reef Shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus) and the Zebra Shark (Stegostoma fasciatum). Whitetip Reef Sharks & Zebra Sharks are both nocturnal hunters, so they tend to sleep during the day.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What is the best month to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
What is a person from Phuket called?
ANSWER. Person from Phuket. THAI. People from Bangkok or Phuket. THAIS.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.