- 1 Which beach is better Kata or Karon?
- 2 How much does it cost from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach?
- 3 Is Kata Phuket safe?
- 4 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 5 Is Kata Beach nice?
- 6 Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
- 7 Does Phuket have Uber?
- 8 How much is taxi from Phuket airport to Patong Beach?
- 9 Is Phuket safe at night?
- 10 What is there to do in Kata Beach at night?
- 11 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 12 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 13 Why is Phuket famous?
- 14 Is it safe to swim in the sea in Phuket?
Which beach is better Kata or Karon?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
How much does it cost from Phuket Airport to Kata Beach?
The quickest way to get from Phuket Airport (HKT) to Kata Beach is to taxi which costs ฿1100 – ฿1400 and takes 43 min.
Is Kata Phuket safe?
Kata beach is a very safe place for tourists to be. Locals are warm, friendly and welcoming, and are proud of their gorgeous part of the world and the tourism it attracts.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Kata Beach nice?
As the title of my review suggests, Kata Beach is great for sun, sea and surf. The water is clean and great for swimming in. There’s surf if you fancy renting a surf board, lessons are also available from surf instructors. The beach is also very clean and has Golden sand.
Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
Taxis and Grab Expect to pay 100–200 baht for a shared minibus or up to 500 baht for a private taxi, depending on your destination. There are metred taxis just outside the airport terminal, as well as tourist areas like Patong and Phuket Town. Fares start from 50 baht for the first 2 km and 8 baht per additional km.
Does Phuket have Uber?
There is no Uber in Phuket.
How much is taxi from Phuket airport to Patong Beach?
A taxi from Phuket airport to Patong beach costs about 600 baht + 100 baht airport fee.
Is Phuket safe at night?
Whilst it is pretty safe there are still some safety tips you should be following when you’re in Phuket by yourself. Watch your drink when you’re on a night out. Drink spiking, unfortunately, does happen in Phuket – like most places in the world – so it’s important to not let your drink out of your sight.
What is there to do in Kata Beach at night?
Best Places to Go at Night in Kata Beach
- After Beach Bar.
- Heaven Rooftop & Bar.
- Dino Park Mini Golf.
- Ska Bar.
- Surf House Phuket.
- Sabai Corner.
- Kata Road beer bars.
- Lana Bar.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Why is Phuket famous?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
Is it safe to swim in the sea in Phuket?
The clear warm waters are enticing, and are pretty safe for most of the year. The sea does contain dangerous creatures, such as sea snakes, lionfish, stonefish and jellyfish. You should exercise a lot of caution while swimming off the west coast of Phuket during the rainy season (May – October) due to rough seas.