- 1 Which is the best area in Phuket?
- 2 Which side of Phuket has the best beaches?
- 3 What Phuket famous for?
- 4 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 5 How safe is Phuket?
- 6 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 7 What is the best month to visit Phuket?
- 8 Where should I stay in Phuket for the first time?
- 9 How many days should you stay in Phuket?
- 10 Is Phuket worth going to?
- 11 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 12 What is there to do in Phuket at night?
- 13 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 14 Do Thai people speak English well?
- 15 Do people in Phuket speak English?
Which is the best area in Phuket?
The 6 Best Towns and Villages to Visit in Phuket
- Patong. Located on the western coast of the island is the bustling town of Patong.
- Phuket Town. The capital of the province of Phuket, what Phuket Town lacks in beaches it more than makes up for in architectural beauty.
- Surin Beach.
Which side of Phuket has the best beaches?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
What Phuket famous for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
What is the best month to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
Where should I stay in Phuket for the first time?
Then read our comprehensive review!
- 5 Best Areas to Stay in Phuket.
- Phuket Town – Where to Stay in Phuket for the First Time.
- Karon – Where to Stay in Phuket on a Budget.
- Patong – Where to Stay in Phuket for Nightlife.
- Kata – One of the Coolest Places to Stay in Phuket.
- Kamala – Where to Stay in Phuket for Families.
How many days should you stay in Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
Is Phuket worth going to?
But now you’re beyond backpacks and full-moon parties, is Phuket still worth a trip? The answer is a resounding yes. This big beauty, a tropical 30 miles by 13, has impressive and affordable hotels and spas. The truth, as adults know, is that you’ll have a better time away from the hostels and hordes.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
What is there to do in Phuket at night?
Here is the list of Best Things to do in Phuket at Night:
- Shop at the Phuket Town Weekend Night Market.
- Bar Hopping in Bangla Road.
- Take a Walking Tour of the Phuket Street.
- Visit Any of the Go Go Bars.
- Party at Patong Beach.
- Enjoy Sunset Dinner Cruise.
- Watch the Panoramic View of the City from the Quip Sky Bar.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Do Thai people speak English well?
The official stats put the English speaking percentage of the Thai population at around 27% or just over a quarter. Expats who actually live there put this figure a little lower in their own personal experience – the figure of around 10-15% of the population comes out quite often – see here for example.
Do people in Phuket speak English?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.