- 1 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 2 Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
- 3 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 4 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 5 How many days is enough for Phuket?
- 6 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 7 How safe is Phuket?
- 8 What is the nicest beach in Thailand?
- 9 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 10 Is Karon Beach Safe?
- 11 Are there quiet parts of Phuket?
- 12 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 13 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 14 Are there snakes in Phuket?
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
How many days is enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
What is the nicest beach in Thailand?
12 Top-Rated Beaches in Thailand
- Railay Beach. Railay Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach, Phuket. Nai Harn Beach, Phuket.
- Haad Rin, Koh Phangan. Haad Rin, Koh Phangan.
- Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi Province. Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi Province.
- Maya Bay, Koh Phi Phi.
- Pattaya Beach.
- Chaweng Noi Beach, Koh Samui.
- Freedom Beach, Phuket.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
Is Karon Beach Safe?
A little beacon of doom on Karon beach. Phuket’s main beaches are now staffed with lifeguards, but a number of drownings still occur each year here, especially during the southwest monsoon months of May through October. When the beaches are lined with red flags warning of strong waves and undertow, stay out of the sea.
Are there quiet parts of Phuket?
Panwa Beach, locally known as Khao Kad Beach, is one of Phuket’s quietest and least explored. This tranquil beauty is set on Phuket’s east coast, about 8 kilometers away from Phuket Town. Luxury hotels, villas and condominiums have been on the rise in Panwa area, yet the beach is still completely preserved.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
Are there snakes in Phuket?
Cobras are found all around Thailand, especially in Phuket. This venomous snake can climb and swim but mainly dwells on flat land in a variety of places, which include rice fields, rubber plantations, villages, and even cities. They are more active at night but can prey during the day also.