- 1 How much money do I need for a week in Phuket?
- 2 What is the best way to get around Phuket?
- 3 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 4 How many days are enough for Phuket?
- 5 Is 1000 baht a lot?
- 6 Is Phuket expensive 2020?
- 7 Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
- 8 Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
- 9 How much do Tuk Tuk cost in Phuket?
- 10 Is Phuket safe at night?
- 11 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 12 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 13 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 14 Should I stay Phuket or Phi Phi?
- 15 What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
How much money do I need for a week in Phuket?
So, a trip to Phuket for two people for one week costs on average ฿42,171 ($1,275). All of these average travel prices have been collected from other travelers to help you plan your own travel budget. A vacation to Phuket for one week usually costs around ฿21,086 for one person.
What is the best way to get around Phuket?
The best way to get around Phuket is by tuk-tuk, though occasionally you might have to rely on another mode of travel, such as a taxi or rental car, if you want to travel beyond the town in which you’re basing your vacation.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
How many days are enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
Is 1000 baht a lot?
Yes 1000 baht/day is a decent minimum budget, allowing you stay in single rooms (dorms/hostels are rare) or double/triple-up with fellow travellers, eat well (seek out what locals eat) and splash out for a couple beers.
Is Phuket expensive 2020?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable. Bali vs Phuket (Where Is Better To Visit In 2020?)
Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
Grab is expensive in Phuket, it is cheaper just to approach the taxi on the street as prices with drivers on Grab can be exorbitant, as well as the 150 baht booking fee on top of that. The problem with normal taxis is they will more than likely try to rip you off.
Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
Taxis and Grab Expect to pay 100–200 baht for a shared minibus or up to 500 baht for a private taxi, depending on your destination. There are metred taxis just outside the airport terminal, as well as tourist areas like Patong and Phuket Town. Fares start from 50 baht for the first 2 km and 8 baht per additional km.
How much do Tuk Tuk cost in Phuket?
Tuk-tuks in Phuket A 5-minute trip can cost from 100 baht, so state your destination and agree on the price before setting off. Trips further afield, beyond the immediate beach area can cost from 400 baht – depending on the distance, weather, and your bargaining skills.
Is Phuket safe at night?
Whilst it is pretty safe there are still some safety tips you should be following when you’re in Phuket by yourself. Watch your drink when you’re on a night out. Drink spiking, unfortunately, does happen in Phuket – like most places in the world – so it’s important to not let your drink out of your sight.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Brilliant Beaches Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
Should I stay Phuket or Phi Phi?
Generally, Phi Phi is the place to be for more isolation and quieter vibes, while Phuket is the undeniable party scene of the two. Phuket is home to larger resorts and more amenities, while Phi Phi is great for those looking to disconnect and unwind from the rest of the world.
What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.