- 1 Which is better Karon or Kata Beach?
- 2 Is Karon Beach a good place to stay?
- 3 Is Karon Beach Safe?
- 4 Which part of Phuket is best to stay?
- 5 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 6 Is Karon Beach better than Patong?
- 7 What is there to do in Karon beach at night?
- 8 Is Karon beach near Patong?
- 9 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 10 How much is a tuk tuk from Karon to Patong?
- 11 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 12 Is there sharks in Phuket?
- 13 What month is the cheapest to fly to Phuket?
- 14 How many days do you need for Phuket?
- 15 What is Phuket most known for?
Which is better Karon or Kata Beach?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Is Karon Beach a good place to stay?
In Karon you will find a range of small shops/markets, a bar or 2 and nice little restaurants and cafes. Karon is one of the best places to stay in Phuket Thailand because you can enjoy what the Thai life is like without having to be bombarded with ping pong shows and other unwated expereinces.
Is Karon Beach Safe?
A little beacon of doom on Karon beach. Phuket’s main beaches are now staffed with lifeguards, but a number of drownings still occur each year here, especially during the southwest monsoon months of May through October. When the beaches are lined with red flags warning of strong waves and undertow, stay out of the sea.
Which part of Phuket is best to stay?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Karon Beach better than Patong?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
What is there to do in Karon beach at night?
Karon Beach Nightlife Karon nightlife rotates around three areas: the best know is near the Karon Circle, with few bars and live music, a little further is a small alley once called ‘Little Bangla’, and an L-shaped street near Kata Beach where you can enjoy some beer bars.
Is Karon beach near Patong?
Karon has one of the best and longest beaches in Phuket (Thailand). Located in the south west of the island, between bustling Patong to the north and popular Kata to the south. The central zone of Karon offers a reasonable choice of dining, shopping and bars.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
How much is a tuk tuk from Karon to Patong?
Karon – Patong will cost you 300 baht per tuk-tuk ride – though if you keep moving through the drivers you will eventually find one for 250. (The local tuk tuk mafia seem to have stitched up the prices.) From Patong – Karon Beach should be cheaper as there are a lot more tuk-tuk trying to pick up passengers.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
Is there sharks in Phuket?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Phuket?
We crunched some numbers and found that the cheapest month to fly to Phuket is currently October 2021.
How many days do you need for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
What is Phuket most known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.