- 1 What is the nicest part of Phuket?
- 2 Which is better Karon or Patong?
- 3 Is Patong beach nice?
- 4 Which beach is near Phuket Town?
- 5 What is Phuket most known for?
- 6 How much is a tuk tuk from Karon to Patong?
- 7 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 8 Where is the best place to stay in Thailand?
- 9 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 10 What should you not eat in Thailand?
- 11 Is Patong safe at night?
- 12 Are there sharks in Phuket?
- 13 Which is the most famous and most happening beach in Phuket?
- 14 How far is Phuket from the beach?
What is the nicest part of Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
Which is better Karon or Patong?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
Is Patong beach nice?
Patong is Phuket’s most popular beach destination. The beach itself is a long stretch of fine white sand and swimming conditions are good. Not surprisingly, Patong has a wide variety of restaurants choices, but it’s actually not easy to find a local Thai restaurant which serves traditional and spicy Thai food.
Which beach is near Phuket Town?
Do you want to be near Phuket town or Patong beach where all the action is. That is where most people stay, on that side of the island,where all the popular beaches are. Patong is a 30 minute taxi ride into Phuket town. Panwa is a lovely location but further away from most things so its a lot quieter.
What is Phuket most known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
How much is a tuk tuk from Karon to Patong?
Karon – Patong will cost you 300 baht per tuk-tuk ride – though if you keep moving through the drivers you will eventually find one for 250. (The local tuk tuk mafia seem to have stitched up the prices.) From Patong – Karon Beach should be cheaper as there are a lot more tuk-tuk trying to pick up passengers.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Where is the best place to stay in Thailand?
Quick Answers: Where is the Best Place to Stay in Thailand?
- Chiang Mai – Overall Best Place to Stay in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai – Best Place to Stay in Thailand For Families.
- Koh Lanta – Where to Stay in Thailand for Couples.
- Pai – Coolest Place to Stay in Thailand.
- Bangkok – Where to Stay in Thailand on a Budget.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
What should you not eat in Thailand?
What Not to Eat and Drink in Thailand
- Luu moo. The base of luu moo is pig’s blood, which can cause a bacterial infection | © REUTERS / Alamy Stock Photo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
Is Patong safe at night?
Places to avoid in Patong Avoid back streets and alleys when you are by yourself or late at night. If you wouldn’t do it in your hometown, don’t do it in Patong. Keep your eyes open and you’ll have a good time.
Are there sharks in Phuket?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks.
Which is the most famous and most happening beach in Phuket?
With its beautiful stretch of sand, Bangtao is always associated with the resort complex known as ‘Laguna Phuket’. In recent year Bangtao has become one of the most lively and trendy beach destinations in Phuket, with many beach clubs and a vast beach dining choice.
How far is Phuket from the beach?
Yes, the driving distance between Phuket to Patong Beach is 16 km. It takes approximately 15 min to drive from Phuket to Patong Beach. Where can I stay near Patong Beach? There are 2481+ hotels available in Patong Beach.