- 1 Which is better Patong or Karon Beach?
- 2 How long is Karon Beach?
- 3 Is Karon Beach a good place to stay?
- 4 Is Karon Beach Safe?
- 5 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 6 Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 7 What is there to do in Karon beach at night?
- 8 Is Nai Yang Beach nice?
- 9 How do I get from phen Phi island to Karon Beach?
- 10 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 11 How safe is Phuket?
- 12 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 13 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 14 Can you swim at Karon Beach?
- 15 What can you not eat in Phuket?
Which is better Patong or Karon Beach?
Karon has one of the best and longest beaches in Phuket (Thailand). Located in the south west of the island, between bustling Patong to the north and popular Kata to the south. The central zone of Karon offers a reasonable choice of dining, shopping and bars. Patong is somewhat bigger, busier and noisier.
How long is Karon Beach?
Karon is the second largest of Phuket’s tourist beaches at 3 km length, some 20 kilometres from town, and is pronounced “Garon”. Not many hotels have direct beach frontage – most are across the road (which is not a busy one). Therefore practically the entire beach is public.
Is Karon Beach a good place to stay?
In Karon you will find a range of small shops/markets, a bar or 2 and nice little restaurants and cafes. Karon is one of the best places to stay in Phuket Thailand because you can enjoy what the Thai life is like without having to be bombarded with ping pong shows and other unwated expereinces.
Is Karon Beach Safe?
A little beacon of doom on Karon beach. Phuket’s main beaches are now staffed with lifeguards, but a number of drownings still occur each year here, especially during the southwest monsoon months of May through October. When the beaches are lined with red flags warning of strong waves and undertow, stay out of the sea.
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What is there to do in Karon beach at night?
Karon Beach Nightlife Karon nightlife rotates around three areas: the best know is near the Karon Circle, with few bars and live music, a little further is a small alley once called ‘Little Bangla’, and an L-shaped street near Kata Beach where you can enjoy some beer bars.
Is Nai Yang Beach nice?
Naiyang Beach is one of those out-of-the-beaten-tracks hidden gems, little known from first-timers but very popular with returning travellers. Beautiful, shaded, and full of tiny fun bars and restaurants, Nai Yang, remains peaceful like most of the northern beaches of Phuket because they are not along the main roads.
How do I get from phen Phi island to Karon Beach?
The fastest way to get from Karon to Ko Phi Phi Don is to ferry. Taking this option will cost ฿950 – ฿1800 and takes 2h 23m. How far is it from Karon to Ko Phi Phi Don? The distance between Karon and Ko Phi Phi Don is 55 km.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Can you swim at Karon Beach?
There is no swimming at the beach with strong currents so very disappointed not to be able to enjoy a much needed cool swim. I recommend you walk this beach but its too windy, rough and dangerous for swimming. Stay in your hotel and enjoy a pool swim.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.