- 1 Can you drive cross country in a rental car?
- 2 Is it safe to rent car in Thailand?
- 3 Can you drive around Phuket?
- 4 Can foreigners rent cars in Thailand?
- 5 How often should you let your car rest on a road trip?
- 6 Can I rent a car and drive out of state?
- 7 Is it dangerous to drive in Thailand?
- 8 How much is a driver in Thailand?
- 9 What is the legal age to drive in Thailand?
- 10 Is driving in Phuket safe?
- 11 How long does it take to drive around Phuket?
- 12 Can a tourist buy a car in Thailand?
- 13 Can a tourist get a driver’s license in Thailand?
- 14 How do I get an international driving permit in Thailand?
Can you drive cross country in a rental car?
Rules in the US In the US, most major national rental car companies don’t restrict driving across state lines. You can book a cross country car rental with unlimited mileage from any of these providers and head to your destination without worrying about incremental fees.
Is it safe to rent car in Thailand?
Thailand officially has the second highest road fatality rate in the world. You will get a copy of any damage to the car as you would in any country when you rent a car. Keep it safe as it will be required when you return the car.
Can you drive around Phuket?
Driving around Phuket is not that hard during the day, but beware if driving at night, especially when it is raining. During the daylight we have no problems navigating our way around the Island from the North to the South, landmarks are easy to find and the maps are easy to read.
Can foreigners rent cars in Thailand?
So, if you are visiting Thailand as a tourist and you want to rent a car for just a few days, you just need to carry the driving permit you obtained in your home country. An international driving permit (IDP) can be obtained in your home country.
How often should you let your car rest on a road trip?
As a general rule, it’s best to take a break of at least 15 minutes every two hours, and to not drive for more than eight hours in a day, to ensure you stay alert and avoid the associated risks of driving for too long without a rest.
Can I rent a car and drive out of state?
2. Driving your car out of the state. Most companies will let you take your rental out of state, but some may charge extra for the privilege or limit your travel to bordering states. Make sure you ask for the specifics on this policy before you leave the rental counter so as to avoid penalties.
Is it dangerous to drive in Thailand?
Thailand’s roads are the most dangerous in the world. It’s not just a statistic but a very real human tragedy. For foreigners visiting Thailand and thinking of driving, it is worth taking a look at the risks involved – they are almost surreal. Thailand’s roads are now officially the most dangerous in the world.
How much is a driver in Thailand?
The average pay for a Driver is THB 217,132 a year and THB 104 an hour in Thailand. The average salary range for a Driver is between THB 170,620 and THB 257,153. On average, a High School Degree is the highest level of education for a Driver.
What is the legal age to drive in Thailand?
Driving licence in Thailand is a document that allows the holder to drive on any roads in Thailand and in other ASEAN states without an International Driving Permit. The minimum age to drive a motor vehicle is 18, and to drive a motorcycle is 15.
Is driving in Phuket safe?
Driving around Phuket Island is dangerous. The traffic moves at a constant pace, so as long as you’re aware of your surroundings and drive defensively, you should not have a problem.
How long does it take to drive around Phuket?
2. Re: Driving across Phuket- how long? If you drove from the south end up to the bridge to the mainland – at a reasonable pace – without stopping – and driving at a reasonble pace – it would probably take you about an hour.
Can a tourist buy a car in Thailand?
Buying a car in Thailand is allowed for both Thai people and foreigners. You can buy a new car or a second-hand.
Can a tourist get a driver’s license in Thailand?
Can I get a Thai driving license on a Tourist Visa? The answer is yes. Regardless of what you read in forums, you can, and it is allowed. I did it when I was a tourist, and I asked in person at the Department of Land Transport.
How do I get an international driving permit in Thailand?
You need to apply for an International Driving Permit before visiting Thailand. You need to do it in a country that has issued your driver’s license. To make it clear there is one exception. If you already own a Thai driver’s license, then you can apply for an International Driving Permit in Thailand.