- 1 How can I go to Phuket from Bangkok?
- 2 Is there a train from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 3 How far is Phuket from Bangkok by train?
- 4 Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 5 Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
- 6 How far is Bangkok to Phuket by plane?
- 7 Why is Phuket so popular?
- 8 How many days is enough for Phuket?
- 9 Is it better to go to Phuket or Bangkok?
- 10 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 11 Is Bali as cheap as Thailand?
- 12 Can I drive from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 13 How much money should I bring to Thailand?
- 14 How do you get to Phuket Island?
- 15 What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
How can I go to Phuket from Bangkok?
Fly From Bangkok to Phuket By far, the easiest way to travel from Bangkok to Phuket is by flight. Several airlines – such as Nok Air, Thai Airways and Thai Lion Air – run daily flights between the two cities. Best of all, tickets are quite cheap and can even be purchased right at the airport.
Is there a train from Bangkok to Phuket?
From Bangkok to Phuket by Train Trains don’t go all the way from Bangkok to Phuket, but you can hop on one until you reach the town of Surat Thani and then switch to a bus for the rest of the journey. The train ride takes anywhere from 8.5 to 12 hours, depending on which train you choose.
How far is Phuket from Bangkok by train?
The combined trip (train + bus) takes 16 hours, and the ticket including both forms of transport costs from $35. If you are thinking about how many kilometres there are from Bangkok to Phuket – the distance between them is 840 km.
Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
Absolutely not. The ferry and boat routes existing in Thailand connect the mainland with nearby islands – Koh Chang, Koh, Samed, Koh Samui, Koh Pangan, Koh Phi Phi etc. The only way to travel from Bangkok to Phuket by sea is to charter a private yacht with a crew, which will cost you a fortune and take about two weeks.
Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
Fly into Bangkok Bangkok’s international airport, Suvarnabhumi, is the cheapest airport in Thailand to fly into. On average, Hopper found it’s about $200 cheaper to fly into Bangkok than it is to fly into Phuket!
How far is Bangkok to Phuket by plane?
How far is Bangkok from Phuket? By air, it’s about 680kms (423 miles) from Bangkok to Phuket and there are around 50 flights per day, taking 1.5 hours. You can travel cheaper by bus but it’s a long journey, adding 165kms, so buses take between 12 to 15 hours.
Why is Phuket so popular?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
How many days is enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
Is it better to go to Phuket or Bangkok?
Phuket or Bangkok, which is better? That depends on what you’re looking to get out of your vacation. Looking for white beaches and tropical paradise, Phuket is for you. But if your idea of a perfect holiday is visiting the big city, love to shop or want to find the best nightlife going, then Bangkok is for you.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Brilliant Beaches Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
Is Bali as cheap as Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Can I drive from Bangkok to Phuket?
Phuket is about 867km (539 miles) from Bangkok, with a travelling time of approximately 10 hours. There are many car rental companies in Bangkok, both international firms such as Avis and Budget, as well as local companies. Driving in Thailand is quite pleasant outside of town and cities.
How much money should I bring to Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
How do you get to Phuket Island?
- FLIGHT. The Phuket International Airport is the second busiest airport of Thailand after the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok.
- ROAD. Buses to other regions of Thailand including Bangkok, Krabi, Phang Na and Surat Thani operate at the BKS terminal located just off Thanon Phang Nga in Phuket Town.
What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
The cheapest way to travel from Bangkok to Phuket is by bus. The trip starts at Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal and takes a minimum of 13 hours. Depending on the carrier and travel class, it costs between 700 and 1.100 Thai Baht (around 20 to 36 USD).