- 1 Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
- 2 Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
- 3 How much is it from Karon to Patong?
- 4 Which is better Karon or Kata Beach?
- 5 What is the best way to get around Phuket?
- 6 Is there Grab taxi in Phuket?
- 7 Is 100 baht a good tip?
- 8 Is there Uber in Phuket?
- 9 How easy is it to travel around Phuket?
- 10 Is Karon Beach better than Patong?
- 11 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 12 How do I get from Patong to Karon Beach?
- 13 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 14 Is Kata Beach Safe?
- 15 Is Kata Beach nice?
Is grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
Grab is expensive in Phuket, it is cheaper just to approach the taxi on the street as prices with drivers on Grab can be exorbitant, as well as the 150 baht booking fee on top of that. The problem with normal taxis is they will more than likely try to rip you off.
Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
Taxis and Grab Expect to pay 100–200 baht for a shared minibus or up to 500 baht for a private taxi, depending on your destination. There are metred taxis just outside the airport terminal, as well as tourist areas like Patong and Phuket Town. Fares start from 50 baht for the first 2 km and 8 baht per additional km.
How much is it from Karon to Patong?
How far is it from Karon to Patong Beach? The distance between Karon and Patong Beach is 5 km. How do I travel from Karon to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Karon to Patong Beach without a car is to bus which takes 25 min and costs ฿50 – ฿170.
Which is better Karon or Kata Beach?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
What is the best way to get around Phuket?
The best way to get around Phuket is by tuk-tuk, though occasionally you might have to rely on another mode of travel, such as a taxi or rental car, if you want to travel beyond the town in which you’re basing your vacation.
Is there Grab taxi in Phuket?
While there are plenty of similar apps available around the world, Grab is the only 1 that operates in Phuket. A key advantage of Grab in Phuket is that you won’t need to rely on tuk-tuks for getting around.
Is 100 baht a good tip?
In more upscale restaurants, with professional wait staff who provide excellent service, a larger tip of 5%-10% is quite common. Massage ladies commonly get a more substantial tip of 100 baht because they get only a pittance out of what you pay the house, and often wait around all day for a customer.
Is there Uber in Phuket?
There is no Uber in Phuket.
How easy is it to travel around Phuket?
Getting around Phuket is relatively easy, as the island is served by many private and public transportation options. Most of the resort areas are small enough to walk around, with popular resorts and hotels located close to the beach, restaurants and shopping areas.
Is Karon Beach better than Patong?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
How do I get from Patong to Karon Beach?
The best way to get from Patong Beach to Karon without a car is to bus which takes 15 min and costs ฿45 – ฿170. How long does it take to get from Patong Beach to Karon? The bus from Patong to Karon Circle takes 15 min including transfers and departs four times a day.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Kata Beach Safe?
Kata beach is a very safe place for tourists to be. Locals are warm, friendly and welcoming, and are proud of their gorgeous part of the world and the tourism it attracts.
Is Kata Beach nice?
As the title of my review suggests, Kata Beach is great for sun, sea and surf. The water is clean and great for swimming in. There’s surf if you fancy renting a surf board, lessons are also available from surf instructors. The beach is also very clean and has Golden sand.