- 1 How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
- 2 Which beach is near Phuket Town?
- 3 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 4 Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
- 5 Is 100 baht a good tip?
- 6 Is Grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
- 7 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 8 Are there sharks in Phuket?
- 9 What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
- 10 Which Phuket beach best for families?
- 11 Is Kamala Beach nice?
- 12 Which country does Phuket belong to?
- 13 Which is better Bali or Phuket?
- 14 What is Phuket most known for?
- 15 Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
The quickest way to get from Patong to Old Phuket Town is to taxi which costs ฿430 – ฿550 and takes 16 min.
Which beach is near Phuket Town?
Do you want to be near Phuket town or Patong beach where all the action is. That is where most people stay, on that side of the island,where all the popular beaches are. Patong is a 30 minute taxi ride into Phuket town. Panwa is a lovely location but further away from most things so its a lot quieter.
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
Which is the best area to stay in Phuket?
The 10 Best Areas in Phuket for Tourists
- Kata Yai and Kata Noi.
- Bang Tao.
- Nai Harn.
- Chalong Bay and Rawai.
Is 100 baht a good tip?
In more upscale restaurants, with professional wait staff who provide excellent service, a larger tip of 5%-10% is quite common. Massage ladies commonly get a more substantial tip of 100 baht because they get only a pittance out of what you pay the house, and often wait around all day for a customer.
Is Grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
Grab is expensive in Phuket, it is cheaper just to approach the taxi on the street as prices with drivers on Grab can be exorbitant, as well as the 150 baht booking fee on top of that. The problem with normal taxis is they will more than likely try to rip you off.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Are there sharks in Phuket?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks.
What is the nicest beach in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Which Phuket beach best for families?
5 Best Phuket Beaches for Families
- Karon Beach.
- Kamala Beach.
- Patong Beach.
- Bangtao Beach.
- Kata Beach.
Is Kamala Beach nice?
Kamala is still a beautiful long beach with clear waters during the high season. It features many beach restaurants and shopping options, including some excellent hotels, including direct beach access.
Which country does Phuket belong to?
Phuket, city and island, southern Thailand. The island lies in the Andaman Sea, off the west coast of peninsular Thailand. Phuket city, located in the southeastern portion of the island, is a major port and commercial centre.
Which is better Bali or Phuket?
Brilliant Beaches Both Phuket and Bali are renowned for their pristine beaches. While Bali offers an array of surfing and party beaches, Phuket features more tranquil settings. Bali is famous for beaches with great waves.
What is Phuket most known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.