- 1 How do you get from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 2 Can you take a train from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 3 How much is a train ticket from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 4 What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 5 Why is Phuket so popular?
- 6 Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
- 7 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 8 What’s better Bangkok or Phuket?
- 9 Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
- 10 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 11 What month is the cheapest to fly to Thailand?
- 12 How many days is enough for Phuket?
- 13 Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
- 14 What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 15 How safe is Phuket?
How do you get from Bangkok to Phuket?
BANGKOK TO PHUKET BY TRAIN
- Make your way to Hua Lamphong Station. You can take the MRT to Hua Lamphong Station.
- At Hua Lamphong Station take the train to Surat Thani. Travel time is between 8 hours 40 minutes to as long as 12 hours, depending on the train.
- At Surat Thani Station, take a bus to Phuket.
Can you take a train from Bangkok to Phuket?
It’s possible to travel by train from Bangkok to Phuket, but it takes quite some time to do so. There are also no direct trains. Passengers board a train in Bangkok at Hua Lamphong station, take it to the city of Surat Thani, and from there take a bus to Phuket.
How much is a train ticket from Bangkok to Phuket?
The train travel time is 11 hours 40 minutes (plus the journey to the railway station and the journey from Surat Thani to Phuket), the ticket cost is $52 for a first-class ticket and $35 – for a second-class one. Tickets can be bought on the Internet or at Hua Lamphong railway station ticket office.
What is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Phuket?
The cheapest way to travel from Bangkok to Phuket is by bus. The trip starts at Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal and takes a minimum of 13 hours. Depending on the carrier and travel class, it costs between 700 and 1.100 Thai Baht (around 20 to 36 USD).
Why is Phuket so popular?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
Is it cheaper to fly into Bangkok or Phuket?
Fly into Bangkok Bangkok’s international airport, Suvarnabhumi, is the cheapest airport in Thailand to fly into. On average, Hopper found it’s about $200 cheaper to fly into Bangkok than it is to fly into Phuket!
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
What’s better Bangkok or Phuket?
Phuket or Bangkok, which is better? That depends on what you’re looking to get out of your vacation. Looking for white beaches and tropical paradise, Phuket is for you. But if your idea of a perfect holiday is visiting the big city, love to shop or want to find the best nightlife going, then Bangkok is for you.
Can you take a boat from Bangkok to Phuket?
Absolutely not. The ferry and boat routes existing in Thailand connect the mainland with nearby islands – Koh Chang, Koh, Samed, Koh Samui, Koh Pangan, Koh Phi Phi etc. The only way to travel from Bangkok to Phuket by sea is to charter a private yacht with a crew, which will cost you a fortune and take about two weeks.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Thailand?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Thailand is September. Enter your preferred departure airport and travel dates into the search form above to unlock the latest Thailand flight deals.
How many days is enough for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you.
Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
Which is better Phuket or Krabi? If you are looking for a well-developed place with all the facilities then Phuket is the place to be. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the bucolic nature and laze around in the natural setting then Krabi is the best choice.
What is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.