- 1 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 2 Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
- 3 Are there quiet parts of Phuket?
- 4 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 5 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 6 How many days do you need for Phuket?
- 7 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 8 Which part of Thailand has the best beaches?
- 9 How safe is Phuket?
- 10 Is Phuket good for couples?
- 11 Where is the best place to stay in Thailand?
- 12 Which side of Phuket is better?
- 13 What is the main area of Phuket?
- 14 Is Phuket too touristy?
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Is it better to stay in Patong or Karon?
Agree that Karon is better than Patong (and I think better than Kata too). Karon has everything that Patong does but just on a smaller scale and without the crowds. Yes, IMO Karon beach is a lot nicer than Patong. There are plenty of great restaurants in Karon – Red Onion, Ging & Karon Seafood to name a few.
Are there quiet parts of Phuket?
Panwa Beach, locally known as Khao Kad Beach, is one of Phuket’s quietest and least explored. This tranquil beauty is set on Phuket’s east coast, about 8 kilometers away from Phuket Town. Luxury hotels, villas and condominiums have been on the rise in Panwa area, yet the beach is still completely preserved.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
How many days do you need for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Which part of Thailand has the best beaches?
- Maenam Beach, Koh Samui.
- Sunset Beach, Koh Lipe.
- Thong Nai Pan Noi, Koh Phangan.
- Phra Nang Cave Beach, Krabi.
- Sairee Beach, Koh Tao.
- Maya Bay, Koh Phi Phi.
- Long Beach, Koh Lanta.
- Kata Noi Beach, Phuket.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
Is Phuket good for couples?
Phuket is one of the most romantic destinations in the world and the many exciting things that you can try here make it perfect. The best area to stay in Phuket for families is North and South Patong and for couples and honeymooners is Kata and Karon.
Where is the best place to stay in Thailand?
Quick Answers: Where is the Best Place to Stay in Thailand?
- Chiang Mai – Overall Best Place to Stay in Thailand.
- Chiang Mai – Best Place to Stay in Thailand For Families.
- Koh Lanta – Where to Stay in Thailand for Couples.
- Pai – Coolest Place to Stay in Thailand.
- Bangkok – Where to Stay in Thailand on a Budget.
Which side of Phuket is better?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- 1 For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- 2 For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- 3 For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- 4 For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- 5 For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
What is the main area of Phuket?
Located along the glistening west coast, Patong is the most popular, crowded, and (in)famous region in Phuket. The broad and sheltered 2-mile-long stretch of sandy beach is ideal for swimming and water sports, but undertows can be strong, so always swim between the flags.
Is Phuket too touristy?
Many many people complain that Phuket is too touristy. Phuket is busy if you want, or quiet if you want. You can most definitely disappear or stay under the radar in Phuket. What I recommend is to become more of a local than a tourist.