- 1 Which is the best month to visit Phuket?
- 2 Which month is the coolest month in Phuket?
- 3 What month should you avoid Thailand?
- 4 What is the best month to visit Thailand?
- 5 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 6 Why is Phuket so popular?
- 7 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 8 How safe is Phuket?
- 9 How warm is the water in Phuket?
- 10 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 11 Has Phuket recovered from tsunami?
- 12 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 13 Can you swim in Thailand beaches?
- 14 What month is the cheapest to fly to Thailand?
Which is the best month to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
Which month is the coolest month in Phuket?
The temperature varies around 23°C and 30°C. While December is the coolest month in Phuket, February is the driest.
What month should you avoid Thailand?
When to avoid traveling in Thailand Chiang Mai: If possible, avoid visiting from mid-February through early April. This is “burning season” and air quality can be quite bad. Similan Islands: The National Marine Park is closed between the months of November through March.
What is the best month to visit Thailand?
The best to visit Thailand is during the cool and dry season between November and early April, when temperatures range from 84°F to 97°F. However, the climate varies throughout the country, so you can visit all year round.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
Why is Phuket so popular?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
How warm is the water in Phuket?
Today’s Kata Beach sea temperature is 86 °F.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Has Phuket recovered from tsunami?
Neighboring Phuket in Thailand was also affected by the 2004 disaster. Thailand’s popular tourism area was devastated by the tsunami. Phuket has since fully recovered and is still a popular destination for foreign tourists.
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
Can you swim in Thailand beaches?
The clear warm waters are enticing, and are pretty safe for most of the year. The sea does contain dangerous creatures, such as sea snakes, lionfish, stonefish and jellyfish. However, it’s only really jellyfish that could concern swimmers, and these are not much of a problem on Thailand’s Andaman coast.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Thailand?
High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Thailand is September. Enter your preferred departure airport and travel dates into the search form above to unlock the latest Thailand flight deals.