- 1 Is December a good time to visit Phuket?
- 2 How hot is Phuket in December?
- 3 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 4 How much spending money do you need per day in Phuket?
- 5 Is Bali or Phuket better?
- 6 Is Phuket crowded in December?
- 7 Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
- 8 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 9 Can you swim in Thailand in December?
- 10 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 11 Do people in Phuket speak English?
- 12 Do Thai people speak English well?
- 13 Is Phuket expensive 2020?
- 14 How much is a massage in Phuket?
- 15 Is food expensive in Phuket?
Is December a good time to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
How hot is Phuket in December?
Phuket in December Phuket’s weather is warm and dry in December. It’s a popular time to visit as there are 8 hours of sunshine every day and temperatures average between 23⁰C and 31⁰C.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
How much spending money do you need per day in Phuket?
You should plan to spend around ฿3,012 ($91) per day on your vacation in Phuket, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ฿596 ($18) on meals for one day and ฿294 ($8.89) on local transportation.
Is Bali or Phuket better?
Phuket offers a western experience whereas Bali offers a local Indonesian experience. If you plan to visit beaches, lie on the soft sand, and eat flavorful food, Phuket is where you should go. If you want a shopping experiences at famous outlets and romantic getaways, Bali is highly recommended.
Is Phuket crowded in December?
Phuket receives thousands of visitors almost every month, but the period from November to April is the busiest. Tourism hits a high in December, owing to not only the end-of-year celebrations but also the pleasant weather.
Is Phuket dangerous to visit?
Majority of the time, Phuket is a pretty safe place to visit but most of the really harmful situations arise out of the heavy-handed nature of some of the scams and ripped off tourists all ignited under the duress of Thailand heat, a few drinks and a deal gone bad.
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
Can you swim in Thailand in December?
Best Time for Snorkeling and Swimming: Great swimming and snorkeling is possible year-round in Thailand, except on days when there are thunderstorms during the rainy season. November to April is probably the best time, especially around the islands in the Andaman sea.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Do people in Phuket speak English?
Having a very heavily tourist-oriented economy, the vast majority of people in Phuket can speak very good English, especially those who work in restaurants, shops, markets, hotels and around the major attractions.
Do Thai people speak English well?
The official stats put the English speaking percentage of the Thai population at around 27% or just over a quarter. Expats who actually live there put this figure a little lower in their own personal experience – the figure of around 10-15% of the population comes out quite often – see here for example.
Is Phuket expensive 2020?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable. Bali vs Phuket (Where Is Better To Visit In 2020?)
How much is a massage in Phuket?
A typical massage session lasts about 2 hours and costs 300-500 baht. A foot massage session is about 40-50 minutes and costs 300-400 baht. A massage at a 5-star hotel is naturally more expensive – the price can be triple, or more. On the beach, the fee for a massage and foot massage is around 300 baht an hour.
Is food expensive in Phuket?
food charge a significant premium with a meal being 2-3 times more expensive that the comparable amount of Thai food. Phuket is pretty much the most expensive province in Thailand with some costs higher than in Bangkok.