- 1 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 2 What is Phuket best known for?
- 3 Is eating out expensive in Phuket?
- 4 What can you do in Phuket for cheap?
- 5 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 6 Is Phuket safe at night?
- 7 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 8 How many days do you need in Phuket?
- 9 How much money do I need for 5 days in Thailand?
- 10 Is eating out cheap in Thailand?
- 11 How much does a beer cost in Phuket?
- 12 How much does massage cost in Phuket?
- 13 What is the best time to visit Phuket?
- 14 How much do taxis cost in Phuket?
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
What is Phuket best known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal.
Is eating out expensive in Phuket?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Phuket can vary, the average cost of food in Phuket is ฿596 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Phuket should cost around ฿239 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What can you do in Phuket for cheap?
10 Cheap Things to Do in Phuket
- Shop for souvenirs at Phuket Weekend Market.
- Dine on street food.
- Visit Phuket Big Buddha, temples and shrines.
- Explore Phuket Old Town.
- Go snorkelling around Phuket.
- Admire Phuket’s viewpoints.
- Get a haircut at a local hairdresser/barber.
- Shop at Supercheap.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
Is Phuket safe at night?
Whilst it is pretty safe there are still some safety tips you should be following when you’re in Phuket by yourself. Watch your drink when you’re on a night out. Drink spiking, unfortunately, does happen in Phuket – like most places in the world – so it’s important to not let your drink out of your sight.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
How many days do you need in Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
How much money do I need for 5 days in Thailand?
Backpackers should budget 800–1,200 baht a day ($35–$50) to cover the costs of hostel rooms, street food meals, a couple of drinks and a spot of sightseeing. Holiday makers looking for a touch more luxury should budget 1,800–3,000 baht ($75–$125) a day to cover nice hotels, gourmet meals and cocktails.
Is eating out cheap in Thailand?
As is often the case in Asia, eating in Thailand is relatively inexpensive — assuming you enjoy Thai food. Western food nearly always costs more than Thai food in restaurants. Street carts and simple, open-air restaurants will always be cheaper than eating at your hotel or in air-conditioned restaurants.
How much does a beer cost in Phuket?
Local beers are available at about 40 baht per can, and major brands such as Heineken at about 50 baht. In bars and restaurants, you can usually expect to pay 80 to 100 baht for local and 100 to 140 baht for foreign beers. In some high-end venues (restaurants or nightclubs), one beer can be charged up to 280 baht.
How much does massage cost in Phuket?
A typical massage session lasts about 2 hours and costs 300-500 baht. A foot massage session is about 40-50 minutes and costs 300-400 baht. A massage at a 5-star hotel is naturally more expensive – the price can be triple, or more. On the beach, the fee for a massage and foot massage is around 300 baht an hour.
What is the best time to visit Phuket?
The best time to visit Phuket is between November and April when weather conditions are ideal for beach activities, such as swimming and boating. The six months between May and October are monsoon season, and although accommodation prices are much lower this time of year, the water conditions can be dangerous.
How much do taxis cost in Phuket?
Taxis and Grab Expect to pay 100–200 baht for a shared minibus or up to 500 baht for a private taxi, depending on your destination. There are metred taxis just outside the airport terminal, as well as tourist areas like Patong and Phuket Town. Fares start from 50 baht for the first 2 km and 8 baht per additional km.