- 1 What is Phuket island known for?
- 2 Why is Phuket a popular tourist destination?
- 3 Is Phuket Thailand dangerous?
- 4 What is a person from Phuket called?
- 5 What language is spoken in Phuket?
- 6 How many days do you need in Phuket?
- 7 Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
- 8 Is Pattaya good for family?
- 9 How expensive is Phuket?
- 10 Which ocean is in Phuket?
- 11 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 12 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 13 Do Thai people speak English well?
What is Phuket island known for?
Phuket is Thailand’s largest island, and arguably the most famous. Blue waters, sandy beaches, spicy Thai cuisine, and excellent snorkeling and diving are all part of the appeal. Phuket is also easy to access; it’s a short one-hour flight from all the big-city attractions of Bangkok.
Why is Phuket a popular tourist destination?
There are many destinations in Thailand, but Phuket remains one of the most popular. The gorgeous beaches with their breathtaking sunsets, the warm climate all year, the vibrant nightlife and the friendly people certainly make it desirable. Its history of welcoming foreign traders also plays a central role.
Is Phuket Thailand dangerous?
Though there are relatively low levels of crime, there are scams and robberies to watch out for that make this perhaps not the paradise you had always dreamed it to be. Combine that with some dangerous aspects of mother nature (namely, the sea) and there are a few things to worry about on your trip to Phuket.
What is a person from Phuket called?
ANSWER. Person from Phuket. THAI. People from Bangkok or Phuket. THAIS.
What language is spoken in Phuket?
The Thai Language Although Phuket has its own subdialect of Southern Thai, the Central Thai dialect is widely used and understood, as it is throughout the rest of Thailand.
How many days do you need in Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
Is Phuket expensive for tourists?
Phuket is definitely the most expensive part of Thailand, especially if you choose to stay at a resort close to the beach. But the fact that almost everything else is so cheap means your trip to Phuket can still be very affordable.
Is Pattaya good for family?
Pattaya has lots of family-friendly activities There are loads of family-friendly activities so Pattaya with kids makes sense from that perspective. With a young family, recommended activities are day-trips to nearby islands such as Koh Larn, water parks and of course, the beach.
How expensive is Phuket?
You should plan to spend around ฿3,012 ($91) per day on your vacation in Phuket, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ฿596 ($18) on meals for one day and ฿294 ($8.89) on local transportation.
Which ocean is in Phuket?
Phuket nestles in balmy Andaman Sea waters on Thailand’s Indian Ocean coastline 862 kilometres south of Bangkok.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Do Thai people speak English well?
The official stats put the English speaking percentage of the Thai population at around 27% or just over a quarter. Expats who actually live there put this figure a little lower in their own personal experience – the figure of around 10-15% of the population comes out quite often – see here for example.