- 1 What is there to do in Karon beach at night?
- 2 Which is better Patong or Karon Beach?
- 3 Is Karon Beach a good place to stay?
- 4 Is Karon Beach Safe?
- 5 How much is a tuk tuk from Karon to Patong?
- 6 How do I get from phen Phi island to Karon Beach?
- 7 Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
- 8 Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
- 9 Can you swim at Karon Beach?
- 10 Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
- 11 Where should I stay in Phuket for the first time?
- 12 How safe is Phuket?
- 13 What should I avoid in Phuket?
- 14 What can you not eat in Phuket?
- 15 Is there sharks in Phuket?
What is there to do in Karon beach at night?
Karon Beach Nightlife Karon nightlife rotates around three areas: the best know is near the Karon Circle, with few bars and live music, a little further is a small alley once called ‘Little Bangla’, and an L-shaped street near Kata Beach where you can enjoy some beer bars.
Which is better Patong or Karon Beach?
Karon has one of the best and longest beaches in Phuket (Thailand). Located in the south west of the island, between bustling Patong to the north and popular Kata to the south. The central zone of Karon offers a reasonable choice of dining, shopping and bars. Patong is somewhat bigger, busier and noisier.
Is Karon Beach a good place to stay?
In Karon you will find a range of small shops/markets, a bar or 2 and nice little restaurants and cafes. Karon is one of the best places to stay in Phuket Thailand because you can enjoy what the Thai life is like without having to be bombarded with ping pong shows and other unwated expereinces.
Is Karon Beach Safe?
A little beacon of doom on Karon beach. Phuket’s main beaches are now staffed with lifeguards, but a number of drownings still occur each year here, especially during the southwest monsoon months of May through October. When the beaches are lined with red flags warning of strong waves and undertow, stay out of the sea.
How much is a tuk tuk from Karon to Patong?
Karon – Patong will cost you 300 baht per tuk-tuk ride – though if you keep moving through the drivers you will eventually find one for 250. (The local tuk tuk mafia seem to have stitched up the prices.) From Patong – Karon Beach should be cheaper as there are a lot more tuk-tuk trying to pick up passengers.
How do I get from phen Phi island to Karon Beach?
The fastest way to get from Karon to Ko Phi Phi Don is to ferry. Taking this option will cost ฿950 – ฿1800 and takes 2h 23m. How far is it from Karon to Ko Phi Phi Don? The distance between Karon and Ko Phi Phi Don is 55 km.
Is Kata Beach or Karon beach better?
Kata beach is more cosy with scenic views overlooking the bay and Koh Pu (Crab island). Karon beach is longer with more high rise or large hotel establishments overlooking the beach.
Which is the best location to stay in Phuket?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
Can you swim at Karon Beach?
There is no swimming at the beach with strong currents so very disappointed not to be able to enjoy a much needed cool swim. I recommend you walk this beach but its too windy, rough and dangerous for swimming. Stay in your hotel and enjoy a pool swim.
Which beach is best to stay in Phuket?
14 Top-Rated Beaches in Phuket
- Freedom Beach. Freedom Beach.
- Kata (including Kata Noi and Kata Yai) Aerial view of Kata Beach.
- Ao Sane Beach. Ao Sane Beach.
- Patong Beach. Umbrella-shaded sun loungers on Patong Beach.
- Karon Beach. Golden sand at Karon Beach.
- Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach.
- Bang Tao Beach.
- Nai Harn Beach.
Where should I stay in Phuket for the first time?
Then read our comprehensive review!
- 5 Best Areas to Stay in Phuket.
- Phuket Town – Where to Stay in Phuket for the First Time.
- Karon – Where to Stay in Phuket on a Budget.
- Patong – Where to Stay in Phuket for Nightlife.
- Kata – One of the Coolest Places to Stay in Phuket.
- Kamala – Where to Stay in Phuket for Families.
How safe is Phuket?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
What should I avoid in Phuket?
Things Not to Do in Phuket
- Don’t disrespect the Royal Family.
- Don’t wear your shoes in a temple.
- Don’t visit a temple with short clothes.
- Don’t take Buddha images out of the country.
- Do not touch a monk.
- Don’t point your feet at someone.
- Walk around town without a shirt (and ride a bike)
What can you not eat in Phuket?
But there are some dishes you should avoid, whether for the sake of your health or to protect endangered wildlife.
- Luu moo.
- Larb leuat neua.
- Shark fin soup.
- Yum khai maeng da.
- Decorative garnishes.
- Kratom leaves.
Is there sharks in Phuket?
Yes, there are sharks in Phuket. Phuket is blessed with most docile and placid sharks possible. From the teddy bear like Leopard Shark to the gigantic and graceful Whale Shark there is no better place in the world to fall in love with sharks.