- 1 How do I get to James Bond Island?
- 2 Is James Bond Island close to Phuket or Krabi?
- 3 Is James Bond Island worth seeing?
- 4 Is James Bond Island in Phuket?
- 5 How much is James Bond Island tour?
- 6 Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
- 7 How long is a boat ride from Phuket to Krabi?
- 8 Is James Bond Island in Krabi?
- 9 How far is Krabi from Phuket?
- 10 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 11 Is Phuket Dangerous?
- 12 What James Bond movie was filmed in Thailand?
- 13 Where is Monkey island Thailand?
- 14 How do I get to James Bond Island from Patong?
- 15 What is the real name of James Bond Island?
How do I get to James Bond Island?
How to get to James Bond Island on a budget – or with an exclusive private tour:
- Try to make your way up to the island individually. A local bus from Phuket costs around 100 Baht and takes two hours up to Phang Nga, a trip from Krabi is similar.
- Book a private tour to James Bond Island – but head out early morning.
Is James Bond Island close to Phuket or Krabi?
James Bond Island and Phi Phi Islands are both located between Phuket and Krabi but in opposite directions. James Bond Island is to the north of Ao Po pier while the Phi Phi Islands are to the south.
Is James Bond Island worth seeing?
For an interesting photo opportunity of a famous movie scene and for the beautiful scenery alone, the James Bond Island Tour is well worth the money. Add onto it the Monkey Caves and the Sea Gypsy Village and it really is astounding value for a first-timer.
Is James Bond Island in Phuket?
James Bond Island and Phang Nga Bay Tour from Phuket This Tapu island is the very famous tourist spot in Phang Nga. Its beauty brought the Hollywood to film their James Bond movie. The Man with the Golden Gun episode here. That is why it got the nickname of “James Bond Island”, where draws in several tours.
How much is James Bond Island tour?
The cost is around 1600 Baht per person for the speedboat trip. You can use SRC Travels located at OTOP shopping center, Patong. They are travel agents and have a bouquet of tours to choose from and are priced reasonably.
Which is better Krabi or Phuket?
Which is better Phuket or Krabi? If you are looking for a well-developed place with all the facilities then Phuket is the place to be. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the bucolic nature and laze around in the natural setting then Krabi is the best choice.
How long is a boat ride from Phuket to Krabi?
The Phuket Krabi ferry route connects Phuket Island with Thailand and is currently operated by 2 ferry companies. The Phi Phi Cruiser service runs up to 7 times per week with a sailing duration of around 3 hours 30 minutes while the Tigerline Ferry service runs up to 14 times per week with a duration from 4 hours.
Is James Bond Island in Krabi?
James Bond Island tour Technically located in Phang Nga province to the north of Krabi, we include information about this trip (which can be done in a day from Krabi) as it is so popular – 007 and Bond Girl wannabes are clearly more common than we thought!
How far is Krabi from Phuket?
The Phuket to Krabi distance is 180 km by land, and three times less – by water. Buses running between towns and provinces of Thailand are regular.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
1. Places for backpackers to stay
- Avoid: Khao San Road.
- Instead: Sukhumvit and Siam Square are popular and convenient alternatives.
- Avoid: Bargaining a flat rate with a taxi driver.
- Instead: Insist on using the meter – it’s illegal for taxi drivers to refuse.
- Avoid: Ping Pong Shows.
Is Phuket Dangerous?
Phuket is quite a safe destination for female travelers, who are unlikely harassed because of how they’re dressed, and doesn’t have significant issues with violent street crime. The two biggest criminal threats to female tourists in Phuket are drink spiking and scams.
What James Bond movie was filmed in Thailand?
Shot in 1997 and directed by Roger Spottiswoode, Tomorrow Never Dies was the 18th James Bond movie of the series, and the second using Thai locations to represent other Asian countries: The Ho Chi Minh City scenes were shot in Bangkok, and Koh Ping Khan – in Phang Nga Bay – was used for the second time in a James Bond
Where is Monkey island Thailand?
Monkey Island in Phuket is a small cove located on a peninsula on Koh Phi Phi Don, the larger of the two main Phi Phi Islands.
How do I get to James Bond Island from Patong?
Phuket to James Bond Island ferry is also a very good way to reach this place. One can rent a long tail boat in Phuket to go to Phang Nga Bay. This will include a journey around the James Bond Island and other important tourist attractions. To rent the boat, one has to go to Au Por, in the northeast corner of Phuket.
What is the real name of James Bond Island?
After appearing in the 1974 James Bond movie The Man with the Golden Gun, Khao Phing Kan and sometimes Ko Ta Pu became widely referred to as James Bond Island, especially in tourist guides, and their original names are rarely used by locals.