- 1 How far is cruise port from Phuket?
- 2 How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
- 3 Which part of Phuket is best to stay?
- 4 How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
- 5 Where does Royal Caribbean dock in Phuket?
- 6 Is 100 baht a good tip?
- 7 Is Grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
- 8 Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
- 9 Where should I stay in Phuket for the first time?
- 10 How many days do you need for Phuket?
- 11 What month is the cheapest to fly to Phuket?
- 12 Which Phuket beach best for families?
- 13 Is Kamala Beach nice?
- 14 Which country does Phuket belong to?
How far is cruise port from Phuket?
The town of Phuket is about a 20-minute drive away from the cruise port, and most cruise passengers take a cab or bus to get to the city when their cruise to Phuket docks.
How much is a taxi from Patong to Phuket Town?
The quickest way to get from Patong to Old Phuket Town is to taxi which costs ฿430 – ฿550 and takes 16 min.
Which part of Phuket is best to stay?
Where To Stay In Phuket: The Best Areas To Stay (Updated)
- For Couples & Families: North & South Patong.
- For Singles & Party-Hoppers: Central Patong.
- For Honeymooners, Couples & Families: Karon & Kata.
- For Culture & History Buffs: Phuket Old Town.
- For Luxury & Privacy: Bang Tao.
How far is Phuket Town from the beach?
The distance between Old Phuket Town and Patong Beach is 11 km. The road distance is 15 km. How do I travel from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car? The best way to get from Old Phuket Town to Patong Beach without a car is to Blue Songtaews which takes 54 min and costs ฿50.
Where does Royal Caribbean dock in Phuket?
Phuket cruise terminal During summer / rainy season (May through October) ships dock at Ao Makarm port (deep-water port with 1 pier) located approx 8 km (5 mi) from Phuket Town. When ships stay in Phuket overnight, they usually dock at Ao Makarm and tender their passengers to Patong and back.
Is 100 baht a good tip?
In more upscale restaurants, with professional wait staff who provide excellent service, a larger tip of 5%-10% is quite common. Massage ladies commonly get a more substantial tip of 100 baht because they get only a pittance out of what you pay the house, and often wait around all day for a customer.
Is Grab cheaper than taxi in Phuket?
Grab is expensive in Phuket, it is cheaper just to approach the taxi on the street as prices with drivers on Grab can be exorbitant, as well as the 150 baht booking fee on top of that. The problem with normal taxis is they will more than likely try to rip you off.
Are taxis expensive in Phuket?
Taxis and Grab Expect to pay 100–200 baht for a shared minibus or up to 500 baht for a private taxi, depending on your destination. There are metred taxis just outside the airport terminal, as well as tourist areas like Patong and Phuket Town. Fares start from 50 baht for the first 2 km and 8 baht per additional km.
Where should I stay in Phuket for the first time?
Then read our comprehensive review!
- 5 Best Areas to Stay in Phuket.
- Phuket Town – Where to Stay in Phuket for the First Time.
- Karon – Where to Stay in Phuket on a Budget.
- Patong – Where to Stay in Phuket for Nightlife.
- Kata – One of the Coolest Places to Stay in Phuket.
- Kamala – Where to Stay in Phuket for Families.
How many days do you need for Phuket?
We recommend spending a minimum of 4 days in Phuket to experience the best it has to offer. Pick up your favourite things to do from this guide and stitch the best possible Phuket itinerary for you. But don’t pack everything into a 4-day schedule, or you will not be able to experience anything properly.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Phuket?
We crunched some numbers and found that the cheapest month to fly to Phuket is currently October 2021.
Which Phuket beach best for families?
5 Best Phuket Beaches for Families
- Karon Beach.
- Kamala Beach.
- Patong Beach.
- Bangtao Beach.
- Kata Beach.
Is Kamala Beach nice?
Kamala is still a beautiful long beach with clear waters during the high season. It features many beach restaurants and shopping options, including some excellent hotels, including direct beach access.
Which country does Phuket belong to?
Phuket, city and island, southern Thailand. The island lies in the Andaman Sea, off the west coast of peninsular Thailand. Phuket city, located in the southeastern portion of the island, is a major port and commercial centre.